My steer **new pics**

Help Support CattleToday:

Grand Chaser

Reaction score
Since my last post has turned into a long discusion i decided to put the pictures of my steer on her because i didn't get too many opinons on the good pictures of him. !0 months old kadabra steer....

So here they are

7.jpg

713-1.jpg

713.jpg

I think he's a decent calf. He looks a lot like one we had in our school barn this year. Keep workin him and I think he might do something for ya.

txshowmom
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He looks to be a little straight in his rear legs to me

his legs look okay to me? what do you mean a little straight?

showkid1200":32cprwex said:
txshowmom
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He looks to be a little straight in his rear legs to me

his legs look okay to me? what do you mean a little straight?

He looks like he could be a tick strait on his back legs. It means there is not enough degree of agle at the hock on his back legs.

thats because of the shadows on the picture... but he dose toe out in his front feet a little bit and he stands to far under himself alot. and he dose need his hooves trimmed

this calf does not need a foot trimming he's already to straight in his hock and his pastern if you trime his feet and stand him up anymore he'll fall over. leave his toes long to give those pasterns a little more angle i promise it will help

txrancher":3vav75fx said:
this calf does not need a foot trimming he's already to straight in his hock and his pastern if you trime his feet and stand him up anymore he'll fall over. leave his toes long to give those pasterns a little more angle i promise it will help

If you have a trimmer who knows what they are doing, they can shape th foot to make him less straight.

I agree with all who say he needs more flex to his hock.As the original poster said, he gets up under himself just a little, but the showstick will cure that.I think hes a pretty nice steer, and with as much hair as he has, you should be able to make him even better with a good clip job.
d6cattleman

Yes i looked at him the other day and noticed that he dose need a little bit more flex in his hock. and yes he dose need to be clipped we have clipped him out before and he looked great. and he's geting better with his standing as i work him with the showstick.

Grand Chaser":1cgffbqf said:
Yes i looked at him the other day and noticed that he dose need a little bit more flex in his hock. and yes he dose need to be clipped we have clipped him out before and he looked great. and he's geting better with his standing as i work him with the showstick.
Good.Do you judge livestock.This is a state champion your talking to.lol. 8) Yep,2005 Jr. State Champion of Ok.Now im 13 and ive moved up to Sr. FFA and im still in the top 10.

Latest posts