My Bull Ain't Worth It

Help Support CattleToday:

I didn't find any real updates on this story this morning, other than a supposed friend of the ranchers family said the rancher and his wife went there to simple put the bull down. The wife it seems was in the truck and saw the whole thing, suffered a heart attack and was life flightless out and in ICU.

Anyone finding out anything else this morning?

I used to hunt this area some years ago and got permission to hunt several pieces of private land. I think I know this rancher or at least met him. The name is familiar. I know the road and the area. What a tragic story.

Kathie in Thorp":2n53iofg said:
The Obama and Sharpton and Black Lives matter comments . . . you treat this like a joke. I'm embarrassed for those of you that have done it. This has not affected just a family, but a whole community. It will likely turn out to be a couple of accidents, and maybe a bad call, that turned into tragedy. Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm not joking at all. It's a commentary on our current president and the uneven and imbalanced approach he takes in administering justice and his own self serving political agenda. Why isn't our latest attorney general on the scene grandstanding?

Oh yeah, I bet I know, in his eyes rancher lives don't really matter.

I see all people the same as far race and that is very true. Why so many senseless police shooting this is really getting out of hand?

I sure don't know anything about this deal, but be careful what you wish for. I'd rather have a few really bad incidents from local people disciplined by local people than an extremely bad option being dreamed up and implemented with foreigners.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... sm-in-u-s/

Police just didn't all become incompetent overnight, there's a reason local shootings are making national headlines.

It means the family member was still pretty distraught when they talked to the press and probably way more emotional and descriptive than he/she may have been normally.

greybeard":1osldysg said:
Kathie in Thorp":1osldysg said:
Boise rag today . . . . Not sure how the reporter figured out the value of a bull up there . .
From the link:
typically sells for between $5,000 and $10,000, according to Treasure Valley Livestock Auction in Caldwell.

I doubt the reporter had a frk'n clue about the value of a bull (we don't know what the bull was), and just went to the TVLA cuz someone said to look there. I don't see that spendy a bull there. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...leWxpdmVzdG9ja2NvbXxneDo2MTk0NjdiYmZkMDdjNGQy

Kathie in Thorp":bolylo1h said:
I doubt the reporter had a frk'n clue about the value of a bull (we don't know what the bull was), and just went to the TVLA cuz someone said to look there. I don't see that spendy a bull there. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...leWxpdmVzdG9ja2NvbXxneDo2MTk0NjdiYmZkMDdjNGQy

How do you know? They could do some digging around and find out what he was running. There's quite a few production sales around here with reports readily available online. Also, according to the article I read it was stated that:
"A breeding bull such as the one hit in the crash Sunday typically sells for between $5,000 and $10,000, according to Treasure Valley Livestock Auction in Caldwell."

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loca ... rylink=cpy

It doesn't mean that he bought his bull there, or that the person got their statistics from the market report. Since we're making assumptions here, I'll assume the reporter called TVL for information.

This is a tragic story for all those involved.

But one thing that I find really interesting in this story is the comments section under the newspaper articles and the report that the sheriffs department has been receiving threats. In comparing it to the Michael Brown incident in Missouri and other similar cases that have been in the news the last year or two - In the Brown case statements given by family, friends and the "black community" were all quick to jump to the conclusion that Brown was innocent and the cop basically murdered him and they quickly accused the police department of a cover up. Most people that were more conservative were quick to defend the officer and believe his side of the story. I remember thinking 'how could the black community be so gullible as to believe Brown was innocent?'.

No in Idaho we have a rancher who was shot by police. As of now we don't know why. But it seems the majority of people in rural areas are quick to believe that the rancher was innocent and it was basically a cold blooded murder. And I would guess the majority of people believing this are the same ones that were defending the police in all these other cases. In a way I feel like I need to apologize the black community, because it turns out the white community is much the same - quick to defend their own regardless of evidence. Not that any evidence has been released either way in the Idaho case. But it seems people are already claiming there will be a cover up. It kind of proves that most people will believe what they want regardless of any evidence.

Just find it interesting...

ChrisB":us5xh402 said:

But one thing that I find really interesting in this story is the comments section under the newspaper articles and the report that the sheriffs department has been receiving threats. In comparing it to the Michael Brown incident in Missouri and other similar cases that have been in the news the last year or two - In the Brown case statements given by family, friends and the "black community" were all quick to jump to the conclusion that Brown was innocent and the cop basically murdered him and they quickly accused the police department of a cover up. Most people that were more conservative were quick to defend the officer and believe his side of the story. I remember thinking 'how could the black community be so gullible as to believe Brown was innocent?'.

No in Idaho we have a rancher who was shot by police. As of now we don't know why. But it seems the majority of people in rural areas are quick to believe that the rancher was innocent and it was basically a cold blooded murder. And I would guess the majority of people believing this are the same ones that were defending the police in all these other cases. In a way I feel like I need to apologize the black community, because it turns out the white community is much the same - quick to defend their own regardless of evidence. Not that any evidence has been released either way in the Idaho case. But it seems people are already claiming there will be a cover up. It kind of proves that most people will believe what they want regardless of any evidence.

To be fair, it's not apples to apples. There was a lot of known evidence in the other case, that one had to simply ignore to even consider the officer being guilty of anything. In this case, at this point, no one seems to know anything.

M.Magis":27rsd944 said:
ChrisB":27rsd944 said:

To be fair, it's not apples to apples. There was a lot of known evidence in the other case, that one had to simply ignore to even consider the officer being guilty of anything. In this case, at this point, no one seems to know anything.
Not true--in this case SOMEONE knows something--they just aren't saying.
Who?
The one(s) pulling the triggers.
And when people aren't saying, it's generally for a reason and that reason seldom has anything to do with public perception or public relations.
1t.jpg

Dead men BTW, tell no tales.

A very thorough investigation is being done, and I'm pretty sure L.E. is going to look bad when it's all said and done. Family members/neighbors are talking on Facebook and to the media. ISP will be waiting for autopsy results of the rancher, and probably on the bull, too! There were cameras -- if they were running. Death threats are being sent to the local sheriff's department and other agencies. It's ugly. Idaho is pretty conservative, but it's not often there that the dead guy SHOULDN'T be a dead guy -- this case might be the exception. Still waiting for the official report(s).

Latest posts