Music

Help Support CattleToday:

What concerts have ya'll been too if any or maybe wanted to go too??

Never been to a concert at a big venue. Went a small show at a country bluegrass music barn over in the next county. Had some regional bands and then Carl Shifflett from Texas was the main act that night. Several years ago in what used to be a local downtown movie theatre that had been closed for any years, opened back up and had some country and bluegrass bands per the course of a few months. While that was going on, we went on a night that Rhonda Vincent was there. The next time Pam Tillis was there but didn't get to go to that one. Now the theatre is doing plays and has apparently taken a more left turn per the marquee sign messages.

Never been to one unless it was at the fair. I would like to have seen Elvis as they say he is still alive, so maybe there is hope.

Seen Sammy Kershaw and Mark Chestnut at a concert held during intermission at a rodeo back in the 90s, also seen Tracy Byrd same way late 90s. Seen Hank Jr about 2005. Seen George Strait with Miranda Lambert and Tracy Lawrence about 2006. Back when I used to attend the annual National Championship Chuckwagon races in Clinton,AR I got to see several good groups play there such as T. Graham Brown, Bellamy Brothers, Neil McCoy, Confederate Railroad. A few years ago the wife and I went and seen Alabama and Charlie Daniels in concert. I enjoy the atmosphere at a good concert.

The Alabama/ Charlie Daniels concert was the best. I enjoyed the Hank JR concert back when I went, but it'd be too rowdy for me now. Several were arrested for fighting during the Hank concert, and wild women pulling up their shirts to show us all how the good Lord had blessed them.

Blue Oyster cult, REO speedwagon, kid rock, kiss, beach boys. queen, elton john (worst concert ever), tim mcgraw, foreiner, carrie underwood, lynyrd skynyrd, those are just the ones that I remember right now. went to a lot of concerts back in the late 70s, the 80s, then got married :) slowed down after that but we still go occasionally.

Elton John (I was 15, maybe? Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album had just released.)
Waylon Jennings(twice), Emmylou Harris & Willie Nelson, Barbara Mandrell & the Statler Brothers.
Saw Riders in the Sky in a free concert on the Cater Hall lawn, when I was in college, back around 1981... I'd seen them on Austin City Limits just a week or so earlier.

Went to ROMP Fest bluegrass festival in Owensboro, several years ago, when my youngest was doing an internship with the International Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum. Got to see Jerry Douglas and the Earls of Leicester, Marty Stuart & his Fabulous Superlatives, as well as a number of up & coming bluegrass greats, like Billy Strings.

Always wanted to go to see/hear Doc Watson, the Allman Brothers Band and Marshall Tucker Band in concert, but never got to see any of them live... and most of them are dead now...

The Alabama/ Charlie Daniels concert was the best. I enjoyed the Hank JR concert back when I went, but it'd be too rowdy for me now. Several were arrested for fighting during the Hank concert, and wild women pulling up their shirts to show us all how the good Lord had blessed them.

I agree. I went to a Hank Williams Jr concert around that time....
The rest I been to most likely wouldn't be ya'll taste of music. ☺

What concerts have ya'll been too if any or maybe wanted to go too??
In the past 30 years, I have attended a live concert of the following:

Earl Thomas Conley, T. Graham Brown
Hank Williams, Jr. ,Sawyer Brown
Kentucky Headhunters
Jerry Clower
Reba, Bill Engvall
Randy Travis,Sammy Kershaw
George Strait,Lari White
Dwight Yoakam, David Ball
Don Williams
George Jones
Todd Herendeen
Merle Haggard
Mike Snider
Lorrie Morgan
Glen Campbell
Charlie Pride
Patty Loveless
John Conlee
The Oak Ridge Boys(10 times)
The Grascals
Big Time Rush( My son's choice)
Jimmy Fortune
Rascal Flatts, Diamond Rio, The Whites
Johnny Counterfit
The Gatlin Brothers
Lee Greenwood

The best live performers, in my opinion were The Oaks, Hank Jr, and Randy Travis.

I took my 18 year old son to see the Oaks a couple of years ago, and they blew him away. He said he thought it was going to be some old men doing boring stuff, but he said they were amazing.

There are not too many left that I'd care to see. I'd still like to see Dolly Parton, and sorry I didn't get to see Johnny Cash.

Had to take my sister to see Motley Crue back in 87'. They had this opening act nobody cared about called Guns N Roses.
Nothing but 14 year old girls at that show.

I'd like to see Dolly Parton and wanted to see Willie Nelson in his younger years. 88 years old still getting it but not the same as he once was. Same with Ozzy Osborne. I'm not much for crowds now that I'm older. Gives me bad anxiety in the world today never know what someone may pull. 😓

I have seen just about every 80 hair bands there are, from Pink Floyd Zepplin, ZZ top, Triumph, Sammy Hagar (12 times) Van Halen (5 times) Ozzy Osborne, BTO, Chicken Foot, Aerosmith, Bad Company, Tesla, Bryan Adams, Zebra, Fleetwood Mac, Dio, Doobie Bros, Def Leppord, Styx etc.... Been to hundreds and I still go

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones 3x, David Bowie, CSNY 3x, Neil Young 2x, Grateful Dead 4x, Bob Seger, AC/DC 2x, Meatloaf, Elton 4x, Boston, Clapton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Styx to name a few.
You're like my music soul brother! Is it weird I used to have a cat named Led Zeppelin? But I also love the newer serious/hard core rock. And yet, I was raised on classical music, even played first chair in the Wichita Youth Symphony (string bass).:unsure:

I have seen just about every 80 hair bands there are, from Pink Floyd Zepplin, ZZ top, Triumph, Sammy Hagar (12 times) Van Halen (5 times) Ozzy Osborne, BTO, Chicken Foot, Aerosmith, Bad Company, Tesla, Bryan Adams, Zebra, Fleetwood Mac, Dio, Doobie Bros, etc.... Been to hundreds and I still go
Hubby was lucky enough to go to a private concert with just Kenny Loggins on acoustic, said it was amazing. Kinda hated him for about a week because I couldn't go.

Latest posts