Mower that doesn't leave grass around posts

Help Support CattleToday:

I have seen them, but not exactly like that one. The one I seen was at an auction last year and it was a DR 3-Point Hitch Trimmer Mower brand. I bid on it but did not win. Get you one of those and you will have the cleanest fences in Bulls Gap and cut down on a lot of weed wacker work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4VJ-OTcCnQ

jltrent said:
I have seen them, but not exactly like that one. The one I seen was at an auction last year and it was a DR 3-Point Hitch Trimmer Mower brand. I bid on it but did not win. Get you one of those and you will have the cleanest fences in Bulls Gap and cut down on a lot of weed wacker work.

There is a lot more important equipment needed in Bulls Gap. I will stick to spraying for now!

Have one that is a trailed type, not quite that fancy, for an ATV or lawn tractor. It does a fine job, but it's slow going, and most ATVs are geared too fast for it.

Can't imagine it would work well with T-posts, but if you're handy you can swing a batwing under most electric fences as long as the posts aren't too close together.

We have hardly ever used it, a regular weedwhacker is way faster.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
We have all woven wire fencing. That might be a problem.
TT from my experience here is the only option to mow a woven wire fence.....It will eat a lot of string also.

how-to-trim-around-a-chain-link-fence.jpg

Stocker Steve said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
We have all woven wire fencing. That might be a problem.

Sheep man ?

Quite a few people in my part of the country have gone to woven wire to keep wild hogs out. If you don't have wild hogs consider yourself very lucky.

I have the DR hand operated and tow behind. The tow behind doesn't do what that machine does. Picture is obviously an advertisement as the lower wire is out of the way and wooden posts on flat ground a reasonable distance apart are used. Way different than my situation but a great idea.

Latest posts