minerals with Rabon

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
does anyone use the mineral with the rabon in them and if so do they really seem to help with the flies?

I like for the horned flies. Seems the trick is to get it to them early in the season. If they get a good start on you it's a losing battle. Here I generally start last of March/first of April. Still use the rubs and later in the year may be spraying them also.

fitz

Beefy":21i7ofoc said:
does anyone use the mineral with the rabon in them and if so do they really seem to help with the flies?
Rabon definitely works as do the IGRs....in mineral it's just a matter of getting the necessary consumption of mineral to ensure they get the needed amount of rabon.

I use the kind with Altosid i think its about the same thing it works really well for me. The rep for them said they would even pay for produts to fix it if there product didnt work so far its worked well been using it 2 yrs.

Off topic
but BSE I sure wish you would change your user name.
I cringe every time I see those letters hooked together :cry2:

Howdyjabo":2ra28gdx said:
Off topic
but BSE I sure wish you would change your user name.
I cringe every time I see those letters hooked together :cry2:
Just think of them as Breeding Soundness Exam and it's easier to handle.

Rabon is the norm around here but I've used Altosid too. Can't say I've ever really seen the effect.
What really works is getting all the cows into your working pen for a couple of days in July and then run them down the lane to the squeeze chute. Spray the whole heard with fly spray. Then walk around the pen and spray the manure piles. The fly population won't recover.

And- killing flies is a lotta fun :banana:

shaz":2emfi5m1 said:
Rabon is the norm around here but I've used Altosid too. Can't say I've ever really seen the effect.
What really works is getting all the cows into your working pen for a couple of days in July and then run them down the lane to the squeeze chute. Spray the whole heard with fly spray. Then walk around the pen and spray the manure piles. The fly population won't recover.

And- killing flies is a lotta fun :banana:
Like everything else that will get rid of a big percentage of them...the ones you hit with the spray anyway....They won't recover for a little while anyway but they will be back.

Latest posts