Marijuana

Help Support CattleToday:

37% tax in Washington.
Both my oncologists suggested CBD for trying to sleep, it helped.
CBD is totally legal in Tennesse however THC is not due to a mistake in drafting the drug laws. One of my kids got me a jar of Delta 8 gummies for Christmas. I have taken a 1/2 of one a few times and it did help me sleep better.

I will probably piss some off as about 70% of the population are drunks or borderline. Smoking you mostly do it to yourself and drinking you affect everybody around you. Alcohol should get the same treatment as what has been done to the tobacco industry. I have plenty of firsthand experience. Dealing with troubled juvenile delinquents for many years coming from families where alcohol abuse occurred leaves scares for life. I have seen many where dad beat mom and the kids up every time drunk and the mental abuse was even worse. Dealing with a juvenile from this situation is almost impossible to get through that protective shell they have built up around them in order to survive. Not a fan of Marijuana either except for medical purposes and it known to be a gateway drug.

Last edited:
Very much disliked it. Talking and acting out of character is not something i endeavor to be.
Yeah, some people have that problem. Makes me wonder what kind of demons are being released when a person has bad reactions to altered states, whether pot or alcohol.

When I went to college I lived in a rooming house. The guy down the hall was an old cowboy that was a mean drunk. Nice as can be and fun to be around when sober, but a problem when he was drunk. About six months after I got out of college he was found beat to death in an alley. Pretty strange how most people are happy and having fun but then there are others...

I used to cocktail waitress.... saw more than my share of "one too many" drunks. That was right when they started pushing the "take the keys" thing. I never saw the pull of alcohol even as a kid. My parents might have friends over on a Sat night and would have a pitcher of screwdrivers... and that would be it, for the whole night. Too poor to go to a bar and drink... I am sure my father did some drinking as a kid but he was he//fire about us kids NOT drinking and driving. He was a volunteer fireman and came upon a wreck one night and knew the twin girls and one died in his arms before the rescue squad could get there.... alcohol related, boyfriend driving....he had nightmares for years over it and used it as an example for us kids......
I never could stomach beer ..... to this day I won't drink beer or wine. I will drink an occasional pina colada, and like amaretto in my hot chocolate on a cold night... puts me right to sleep. I will drink Kahlua on occasion... like maybe 2 or 3 drinks in a year??? With the beat up joints I have now, it is better than some pill to make me sleep.
The drugs just don't interest me. I cannot say that marijuana does or does not help but sure don't want anyone using it and then driving or doing a job that could endanger someone else. I have tried CBD on advise of a doctor and got no benefit or pain ease or anything. It was the kind with no THC.
I got partly buzzed one time as a 25 yr old, out with my sister and some of her friends.. Had no experience with drinking and after I got divorced my sister got me to go out with the group and tried "sips" of different drinks... got that fuzzy feeling, made her go in the ladies room with me and told her how I felt "funny" and she said I was getting a buzz... I HATED feeling like that and it was the last time I ever let myself get that feeling.
Used to hear the "college" age group of guys when doing banquet waitressing, talk about how drunk they got at this party or something, and how good a time they had, and the next day how hung over they were... and I would ask them what they did that was sooo good and they inevitably would say they couldn't remember... and I would look at them and say so how the he// do you know if you had a good time if you can't remember???? Sorry, if I have a good time I want to remember it...
I have a brother that is a functioning alcoholic... cannot imagine spending my life "half lit" all the time.... and he had a serious job as a firefighter and EMT license... go figure....

I will probably piss some off as about 70% of the population are drunks or borderline. Smoking you mostly do it to yourself and drinking you affect everybody around you. Alcohol should get the same treatment as what has been done to the tobacco industry. I have plenty of firsthand experience. Dealing with troubled juvenile delinquents for many years coming from families where alcohol abuse occurred leaves scares for life. I have seen many where dad beat mom and the kids up every time drunk and the mental abuse was even worse. Dealing with a juvenile from this situation is almost impossible to get through that protective shell they have built up around them in order to survive. Not a fan of Marijuana either except for medical purposes and it known to be a gateway drug.
I've not seen any evidence of weed as a gateway drug. I have known a lot of stoners and they all were content with just smoking dope. You may be seeing something I'm not.

Today's weed is far more potent than the junk I had as a teenager

I've not seen any evidence of weed as a gateway drug. I have known a lot of stoners and they all were content with just smoking dope. You may be seeing something I'm not.

Today's weed is far more potent than the junk I had as a teenager
A lot of research out there about it being a gateway drug. If it makes me feel (whatever it does to you) why not try something else maybe a little stronger, especially with buddies or somebody providing for the first time free. I have no experience personability, but drug use usually does not start with cocaine, methamphetamine, or opioids.

A lot of research out there about it being a gateway drug. If it makes me feel (whatever it does to you) why not try something else maybe a little stronger, especially with buddies or somebody providing for the first time free. I have no experience personability, but drug use usually does not start with cocaine, methamphetamine, or opioids.

I agree and this has been well known for years. Weed is less 'scary' so most start there. This is the general rule. People that go straight to hard drugs are the exception. I will say and it has been mentioned as well that alcohol is usually a contributor and often times is the first thing people use.

Over eating starts with breast milk. I don't buy the gateway drug thing. It smacks of some kind of scare tactic.

Found this from an old thread/post by:

SmokeStackFarms
Well-known member · From Horton,Al.
Joined Sep 15, 2007
Last seen Apr 15, 2011

MARIJUANA FILLED FIREWOOD'

'Hello, is this the Sheriff's Office?'
'Yes. What can I do for you?'

'I'm calling to report 'bout my neighbor
Virgil Smith....He's hidin' marijuana inside
his firewood! Don't quite know how he gets
it inside them logs, but he's hidin' it there.'

'Thank you very much for the call, sir.'

The next day, the Sheriff's Deputies descend
on Virgil's house. They searched the shed
where the firewood is kept. Using axes,
they bust open every piece of wood, but find
no marijuana. They sneer at Virgil and leave.

Shortly, the phone rings at Virgil's house.
'Hey, Virgil! This here's Floyd....Did the Sheriff come?'
'Yeah!'
'Did they chop your firewood?'
'Yep!'

'Happy Birthday, buddy!'
(Rednecks know how to git-R-dun).

Over eating starts with breast milk. I don't buy the gateway drug thing. It smacks of some kind of scare tactic.
Not to change the subject but, you say if the woman has a lot of milk, you will overeat later in life. That sounds like a good research project for a Doctorate degree studying women with a lot of milk and overeating.

Last edited:
Kids that had breast milk are probably healthier than those that sucked on a plastic nipple on a plastic bottle filled with a liquid made from some powder. That bottle has an endless supply of calories.

Way I see it is that I will probably be at my best performance level (mentally and physically) if I don't ingest or breathe any alcohol, paint thinner, illegal drugs, opioids, smoke, fumes and such. I have enough trouble without those things. Never seen anyone that I thought was happier or better for their drug or alcohol use. I seen plenty of people that were obviously suffering from the use of such - either their own use or their friends and family.

I have been around my fair share of different things, especially in my younger days. Although I don't particularly care for the wording of a "gateway drug" it is definitely a stepping stone or marker of other current issues or issues to come.

The more chances you take, the more risks you dabble in, the more you get ok with taking more risks. That's just natural behavior. When society opens up the range of what is acceptable it also opens up the range of extremes.

In a perfect world we could regulate what is acceptable amounts and non-acceptable amounts. With alcohol or prescriptions or debt or gambling or any thing else we have proven most people can not manage it nor can any govt agency. It wouldn't be so bad but we end up picking up the pieces as a society for the damage. Even in our small town you can see the results of generational drug use in our schools whether it is birth defects or parents just not being available to their children.

I say that from my personal experiences and watching what we did growing up and looking out at how it effected people later on.

I tried smoking it when I was a teenager but just a few times, I've drank lots of liquor though, couldn't get enough drinking when I was younger. I went several years and didn't drink at all, I'll drink a few beers on the weekends or at the beach now but I know when I've had enough. I do not like being drunk, I like a slight buzz, just enough to make me relax and make my mind quiet down a bit.
As far as smoking weed, I view it no different than drinking. Moderation is key in all things but as mentioned most people don't have self control so should probably avoid weed and alcohol. I didn't drink in front of my son when he was a kid, I told him as he became an adult that it's best not to start bad habits. I started drinking at a very young age, probably had my first drink at 11 and was drinking regularly by 15. Where I grew up a cooler full of beer in the bed of the truck was normal. I drank pretty often until my wife got pregnant and we straightened our act up, I wasn't going to be a sorry excuse of a father that had a drink in his hand all the time.

Most of the methheads in the trailer [arks. and the crack heads from the ghettos, either started on those, or alcohol was their "gateway". The War on Drugs in the early 80's had 2 unb-desired affects. It drove the price of pot through the roof, and made cocaine dirt cheap. Lot easier to smuggle in $mil worth of coke or heroin, than $1mil worth of pot.

Latest posts