Marijuana

Help Support CattleToday:

No, but the second that they believe that they can't get through the day without it, then they are. When you stop at a red light and the guy in front of you rolls down his window and pot smoke rolls out, is that recreational use? If he has a beer between his legs while driving, is that recreational use? Same with going to work high, is that recreational?
Agreed. I don't believe that anybody starts out thinking that they are going to become an alcoholic or a drug addict.
It just happens a little more at a time, one more drink, one more smoke or pill or whatever. There are many people in denial about their dependence, and it does place others in danger, be it on the roads or on a job site.

No, but the second that they believe that they can't get through the day without it, then they are. When you stop at a red light and the guy in front of you rolls down his window and pot smoke rolls out, is that recreational use? If he has a beer between his legs while driving, is that recreational use? Same with going to work high, is that recreational?
Mind altering drugs of any kind are not acceptable on the road or at work, I don't think anyone is arguing that

T
If Marijuana is legal can employers still say No Marijuana use? I'd hate to have a coworker even slightly high in my line of work. I've never used Marijuana so don't know anything about the after effects. I do drink but rarely if ever go into work fuzzy headed from the night before. Making mistskes because I'm tired is bad enough.

On the pot or alcohol subject I don't wanna deal with someone that's stoned or drunk. They both smell bad and quickly become a PITA
Here are 2 things in this world that I can't stand, one is a duck man when I'm sober and the other is a sober man when I'm drunk.

If Marijuana is legal can employers still say No Marijuana use? I'd hate to have a coworker even slightly high in my line of work. I've never used Marijuana so don't know anything about the after effects. I do drink but rarely if ever go into work fuzzy headed from the night before. Making mistskes because I'm tired is bad enough.

On the pot or alcohol subject I don't wanna deal with someone that's stoned or drunk. They both smell bad and quickly become a PITA
Yep!
We have a no drug policy here. We have federal d.o.t. regs to follow.
When oklahoma mad it legal with a prescription, everyone started doing it legally. The company gave everyone 90 days to get off it and be sure to pass a random drug test.
90 days later they sent EVERYONE for a test.
3 were fired that day.

Now the problem is becoming (what I have seen) worse. These guys are taking fake urine with them to the testing facility. Evidently they don't have any fear of being caught. I've had random tests and the place that does the tests here are very very lenient in my opinion. They make u empty your pockets etc. No visual inspection whatsoever.

It's a joke honestly. No drugs here. Move along.

These guys are taking fake urine with them to the testing facility. Evidently they don't have any fear of being caught.
If they get caught they lose their job if they take the test they lose their job. Why not risk being caught. It's all a big mess.

Lot rather a stoner be on the road than a drunk. When you are driving down the road burning one, you are getting passed by farm tractors, bicyclists, etc. LOL. Never seen two dudes get stoned and get in a fight. Never seen anyone toke a doobie and then beat his ole lady or kids.
Mostly just eat Doritos and vedge out on the couch

When I still worked in the patch the company I worked for would send out the dogs every so often. I was often surprised at who they would pick out. The policy was that if the dogs pointed out a worker he/she had 24 hrs to show up with a clean drug test.
My problem with the whole drug testing deal was folks that did some pot at night on their own time lose their jobs but the coke heads have no problem coming up with a clean test.

When I still worked in the patch the company I worked for would send out the dogs every so often. I was often surprised at who they would pick out. The policy was that if the dogs pointed out a worker he/she had 24 hrs to show up with a clean drug test.
My problem with the whole drug testing deal was folks that did some pot at night on their own time lose their jobs but the coke heads have no problem coming up with a clean test.
When I arrived at my training station after boot camp we were assigned to paint our rooms right away. We were also told that it was possible that drug sniffing dogs would be coming through randomly. So I distributed a cheap bag of pot into several of the paint cans we were using...

I never saw a dog. But then they may have come through when we we out training...

Yep!
We have a no drug policy here. We have federal d.o.t. regs to follow.
When oklahoma mad it legal with a prescription, everyone started doing it legally. The company gave everyone 90 days to get off it and be sure to pass a random drug test.
90 days later they sent EVERYONE for a test.
3 were fired that day.

Now the problem is becoming (what I have seen) worse. These guys are taking fake urine with them to the testing facility. Evidently they don't have any fear of being caught. I've had random tests and the place that does the tests here are very very lenient in my opinion. They make u empty your pockets etc. No visual inspection whatsoever.

It's a joke honestly. No drugs here. Move along.
The only problem with the THC tests is that CBD products will test positive too, even though they are not mind-altering.

It really is a senseless area of the law. Aside from the revenue generated through convictions, I see no point in it. Has ruined many a life.

If not for the devil's lettuce I think I would have stroked out long ago. I'm looking forward to the day I can have a worry-free garden.

"Brad's Beef and Budz" has a ring to it, I say!

It isn't worth losing the farm though.

I find it quite incredible that there are people out there that consider the use of pot to be less acceptable than the use of alcohol.
I don't think that is the issue being discussed. Neither is good for you (the non THC versions are not the same as smoking a joint if that needs to be discussed), it is the timing and effects of either product. If a guy gets hammered on booze in the evening and goes to sleep for 8 hours then drives a vehicle there will be little to no effect on his blood alcohol level, if a guy smokes a joint goes to work and drives a vehicle and is involved in an accident I can be held liable for allowing this guy to drive. That is a huge difference, so taking that into account the use of marijuana if absolutely less acceptable than alcohol to me

Yes a business owner can say no to marijuana and require random drug tests and it can be a fireable offense especially if that is put in writing in job descriptions despite marijuana being "legal" which it is not in any state due to federal laws, it is just accepted

I have a hard time believing that a report showing remnants of pot in a driver's system is proof that the person was under the influence. Probably more than 15% of Americans use pot at least once a month. If 15% of drivers involved in fatal crashes were found to have pot in their system and they were all deemed to have been driving under the influence I think we'd sure be hearing about it.
you will if they are driving a company vehicle and the opposing lawyer is aggressive. You don't have to believe it, just research it and see if you would be willing to accept the liability just so one of your employees wants to smoke dope

The only problem with the THC tests is that CBD products will test positive too, even though they are not mind-altering.
The "legal" thing has always been a joke, years ago after CA passed the medical marijuana law I attended a convention in Huntington Beach and afterwards took a walk, I was approached by 4 or 5 people asking if I needed to purchase a prescription

The "legal" thing has always been a joke, years ago after CA passed the medical marijuana law I attended a convention in Huntington Beach and afterwards took a walk, I was approached by 4 or 5 people asking if I needed to purchase a prescription
That is the way it is in FL now. Just about every chiropractor in the state hands out prescriptions. They should just make it legal and tax the whiz out of it like tobacco.