Marijuana

Help Support CattleToday:

Medical pot has been legal in Utah for a number of years. Also legal for medical use in Utah is psilocybin, mdma , and ketamine . 🤔
But haven't heard or seen anything about them seceding 🤷‍♂️
But no sense in letting things like facts alter your opinion!
That is why there is a push to lower or do away with the federal laws regarding doobie. Even in states where it is legal, it is still against federal law and you could be arrested and face federal charges. Granted, the DEA etc do not actively pursue reefer users in states where it is legal, but the possibility that they could is always there.

It has huge medical benefits no doubt. I don't need help with what it treats but have close family it has helped tremendously where prescriptions couldn't touch. Also nowhere near the side effects and has to be better for you. My only gripe is the driving and smoking. If it is doing anything it is supposed to for you it is doing enough you shouldn't be driving IMO.
Lot rather a stoner be on the road than a drunk. When you are driving down the road burning one, you are getting passed by farm tractors, bicyclists, etc. LOL. Never seen two dudes get stoned and get in a fight. Never seen anyone toke a doobie and then beat his ole lady or kids.

Lot rather a stoner be on the road than a drunk. When you are driving down the road burning one, you are getting passed by farm tractors, bicyclists, etc. LOL. Never seen two dudes get stoned and get in a fight. Never seen anyone toke a doobie and then beat his ole lady or kids.

When your behind the wheel with my family on the road I want your full attention. Period. Recreate any way you want on your own time. Shine to lines is fine by me when your not on the road.

Problem I see is it's a gateway drug for a lot of people, and I believe it is very harmful to children if they use it.
My ex wife was apparently using it at a very young age and it affected her pretty severely. Her drug use was supposed to have been in the past but I suspected something was going on soon after we married. I filed for divorce after a year.
She admitted afterwards that she was on marijuana. I was told from reliable sources that she had gotten on heroin a couple years after the divorce. Very sad situation. My wife and I saw her on a walker going in a grocery and she was only in her mid 40's at that time.
Nah. I started using the noble weed when I was 12, and I am 67 now. Never did coke, heroin, meth, prescription pills, or any other kind of drugs ....nothing other than dropped some acid once ( and that was enough for me. Never touched it again. ) and used to get hold of the occasional peyote buttons or mescaline in the early 70's. I know hundreds of people like me that were pot heads all their lives and never tried any other drug. And many a meth, coke, heroin and pain pill addict that never ever smoked a joint. Alcohol is probably the bigger gateway drug, truth be told. I always said I would 1000's times rather my kids or grandkids smoked pot that ever drink or smoke a cigarette.

Its legal to grow, possess an ounce, and smoke it in Virginia. But illegal to sell it or sell and buy seeds. And also illegal if it shows up on a drug test.
I've never smoked pot (or a cigarette) in my life, but am curious how employers are going to handle drug testing now that pot is legal here for recreational purposes. In my mind, if it's treated the same as alcohol, then as long as you're not high (or drunk) at work then it shouldn't matter if you had a tote (or drink) at home the night prior. I'm curious to know if there is a test that can tell if you're under the influence of pot at the current time such as the BAC test for alcohol?

Nah. I started using the noble weed when I was 12, and I am 67 now. Never did coke, heroin, meth, prescription pills, or any other kind of drugs ....nothing other than dropped some acid once ( and that was enough for me. Never touched it again. ) and used to get hold of the occasional peyote buttons or mescaline in the early 70's. I know hundreds of people like me that were pot heads all their lives and never tried any other drug. And many a meth, coke, heroin and pain pill addict that never ever smoked a joint. Alcohol is probably the bigger gateway drug, truth be told. I always said I would 1000's times rather my kids or grandkids smoked pot that ever drink or smoke a cigarette.
I'll agree with you in part that cigarettes and alcohol are as much of a gateway as anything.
I'll always believe that marijuana is a gateway drug and more harmful than people want to think especially for young people.
My wife and and I have been around in ministry work for quite a while and seen a lot. We live in an area that probably has a higher rate of addictions than most of the rest of the country. My ex wife numerous friends from my jr high and high school years, and many people I've encountered over the years in very bad shape, pickled out of their minds and marijuana may not be to blame for all of it but it absolutely is a common denominator among them. For most situations It seems that folks start out smoking cigarettes at a very young age, and then by their early teens they using marijuana and or alcohol.
Last fall some of my wife's family were visiting and and her brother and some of her cousins were arguing with her because she made the statement that marijuana was a gateway drug. They argued it wasn't, and perfect timing one of the cousins got a call from her daughter who was in jail at the time, the cousin asked her what her gateway drug was and she said marijuana. She backed up my wife's statement to the disappointment of the others.
I understand that just like with alcohol a lot of people use it and don't seem to have an issue with it. A lot of folks cant stop and need more or something stronger or a combination.
I will always believe the best choice for young people is to never start any of it.
For people using it for legitimate medical reasons that's a different conversation.

For most situations It seems that folks start out smoking cigarettes at a very young age, and then by their early teens they using marijuana and or alcohol.
I was backwards. Started smoking the noble weed at 12., started drinking at 17 and smoked my first cigarette at 20! Never really drank much though. I buy about a 12 pack of PBR a year, and probably 6-8 of them I use in cooking. It has been over 10 years since I drank more than 2-3 beers in a day. I can't even remember the last time I twisted a doobie....probably has been hours! LOL jk!!!

I've never smoked pot (or a cigarette) in my life, but am curious how employers are going to handle drug testing now that pot is legal here for recreational purposes. In my mind, if it's treated the same as alcohol, then as long as you're not high (or drunk) at work then it shouldn't matter if you had a tote (or drink) at home the night prior. I'm curious to know if there is a test that can tell if you're under the influence of pot at the current time such as the BAC test for alcohol?

Marijuana tests will pick up for 30 days. The problem with legal marijuana, if you have a business and an employee, wrecks your vehicle and hurts or kills someone is there will be a drug test taken. The opponent's lawyer will use that to his advantage and show the results as the driver was under the influence. You will lose the case and be liable for anything your employee did up to and including killing the other person. You could lose everything you have and damage the careers of all of your employess because some "dumb***" wanted to participate in "recreational" marijuana. What does the term "recreational" mean when it comes to smoking dope anyways? I thought recreation meant something like a sporting event, will we soon have competitions?

I work in construction, have my whole life, and have seen many many stupid accidents over the years, some have killed people and others have been maimed for life, all simply because the operator of the machinery's reaction time was affected by drug use. I look at it this way, do the people that wake up and smoke a joint on the way to work everyday want their or their family's surgeon to do the same?

opponent's lawyer will use that to his advantage and show the results as the driver was under the influence.
I have a hard time believing that a report showing remnants of pot in a driver's system is proof that the person was under the influence. Probably more than 15% of Americans use pot at least once a month. If 15% of drivers involved in fatal crashes were found to have pot in their system and they were all deemed to have been driving under the influence I think we'd sure be hearing about it.

Is everyone that drinks an alcoholic and everyone that uses pot an addict?
No, but the second that they believe that they can't get through the day without it, then they are. When you stop at a red light and the guy in front of you rolls down his window and pot smoke rolls out, is that recreational use? If he has a beer between his legs while driving, is that recreational use? Same with going to work high, is that recreational?

I find it quite incredible that there are people out there that consider the use of pot to be less acceptable than the use of alcohol.
What I have a hard time believing is that people with no frame of reference/no experience seem to think they know enough to have a valid opinion.

If everybody is an expert... then who is the expert?

If Marijuana is legal can employers still say No Marijuana use? I'd hate to have a coworker even slightly high in my line of work. I've never used Marijuana so don't know anything about the after effects. I do drink but rarely if ever go into work fuzzy headed from the night before. Making mistskes because I'm tired is bad enough.

On the pot or alcohol subject I don't wanna deal with someone that's stoned or drunk. They both smell bad and quickly become a PITA

Latest posts