Marijuana

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Saw yesterday that the USDA is looking to reschedule the sweet cheebah down to a schedule 3, along side Tylenol and steroids.

Gotta be an election year... they ought to go ahead and decriminalize ot federally. Kinda ridiculous.

I saw that as well. Really doesn't matter to me one way or the other but I am amazed at how much I smell it on the road now that it is legal in VA. Wonder how that will affect it for firearm purchases? Just can't see them closing that wide open loophole that they have to walk thru.

I saw that as well. Really doesn't matter to me one way or the other but I am amazed at how much I smell it on the road now that it is legal in VA. Wonder how that will affect it for firearm purchases? Just can't see them closing that wide open loophole that they have to walk thru.
Try living on the same quarter section as 8 grow houses. Never can tell if there's a skunk around any more!

I imagine they'll have to change the form ya fill out for firearms purchases yet again

I think it will still be up to the individual states. I dunno if states hardline states like Texas will adopt the new federal scheduling or not.

I think it will still be up to the individual states. I dunno if states hardline states like Texas will adopt the new federal scheduling or not.
The federal "scheduling" will be nation wide... but states will still have the option of making their own restrictions/laws.

Can you imagine Utah being forced to legalize pot? They'd secede for sure.

Its legal to grow, possess an ounce, and smoke it in Virginia. But illegal to sell it or sell and buy seeds. And also illegal if it shows up on a drug test.

Probably about 10 years ago my uncle on moms side of the family came to the farm with his youngest daughter. Well she ended up stealing some of my ex wife's meds, a controlled substance. I forget what it was called, but anyhow as my uncle was searching through her belongings he found the medication rolled up in a diaper, and found some marijuana. I'm not sure how much she had, but it was probably an ounce or two. This is the first time I have ever seen any. I took her whole stash and burned it up. It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall as I would think that conversation they had after leaving here would have been a bit on the awkward side.

Can you imagine Utah being forced to legalize pot? They'd secede for sure.
Medical pot has been legal in Utah for a number of years. Also legal for medical use in Utah is psilocybin, mdma , and ketamine . 🤔
But haven't heard or seen anything about them seceding 🤷‍♂️
But no sense in letting things like facts alter your opinion!

Regardless of your thoughts, I have had too many clients and people tell me that it helps with their medical conditions to not believe it cannot be useful in medical settings. Full Disclosure, I have never smoked or ingestied it.

The reason it got a bad reputation was because of a film from the 1930's called Refer Madness. It is quite funny the way they made it look in that movie.

Regardless of your thoughts, I have had too many clients and people tell me that it helps with their medical conditions to not believe it cannot be useful in medical settings. Full Disclosure, I have never smoked or ingestied it.

The reason it got a bad reputation was because of a film from the 1930's called Refer Madness. It is quite funny the way they made it look in that movie.
Reefer Madness was definitely a propaganda film meant to scare kids. I watched all my high school buddies closely after seeing that film and they all eventually dove into the drug culture. Pot never made them act anything like the extremes that were depicted in the film.

It has huge medical benefits no doubt. I don't need help with what it treats but have close family it has helped tremendously where prescriptions couldn't touch. Also nowhere near the side effects and has to be better for you. My only gripe is the driving and smoking. If it is doing anything it is supposed to for you it is doing enough you shouldn't be driving IMO.

Problem I see is it's a gateway drug for a lot of people, and I believe it is very harmful to children if they use it.
My ex wife was apparently using it at a very young age and it affected her pretty severely. Her drug use was supposed to have been in the past but I suspected something was going on soon after we married. I filed for divorce after a year.
She admitted afterwards that she was on marijuana. I was told from reliable sources that she had gotten on heroin a couple years after the divorce. Very sad situation. My wife and I saw her on a walker going in a grocery and she was only in her mid 40's at that time.

Problem I see is it's a gateway drug for a lot of people, and I believe it is very harmful to children if they use it.
My ex wife was apparently using it at a very young age and it affected her pretty severely. Her drug use was supposed to have been in the past but I suspected something was going on soon after we married. I filed for divorce after a year.
She admitted afterwards that she was on marijuana. I was told from reliable sources that she had gotten on heroin a couple years after the divorce. Very sad situation. My wife and I saw her on a walker going in a grocery and she was only in her mid 40's at that time.
If it's a gateway drug for anyone I suspect they have an addictive personality anyways. I know people that have used it heavily their entire lives and are functional, just as there are functional alcoholics. Some that have used and graduated to other drugs, but no longer use anything with no problems quitting. The only people I know that have long term problems either got into heroin, oxy, or meth. I had a nephew that died from an oxy overdose and a couple of nephews that have battled heroin, one clean now for years and the other a constant family problem regardless of any help he's received. Did they start with pot? Probably, but I doubt it led them anywhere. They just have to try whatever they can. It's their personalities that lead them to jump off cliffs.

Latest posts