Lottery winner.....

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
Been one heck of a week.

Wife and son left for New York last Saturday morning. They were excited to experience Christmas time in the big apple. Wednesday afternoon she tells me she is sicker than she has ever been. I need to back up a bit....about 10 days before the left she gets a bad case of bronchatis. Couple days later gout flairs up in her elbow and she's in intense pain just getting dressed.... so now she thinks she has food poisoning but son seems to be fine. Thursday night she says son is throwing up..... flight leaves tomorrow morning. So much for Christmas time in New York City.

But wait, there is more...... I was working on fence the past couple days because my bull got over to the neighbors (who have no bull). Guess they think they don't need one if my bull or another neighbors bull keeps breaking in. Anyway, I'm putting up an electric fence that's been on the back burner far to long. All is going pretty well till I get in the truck to move a bit and I run over an old post laying in the pasture. Pretty much got it in the middle breaking it in half launching half of it right into the transmission filter. Did you know you can travel 133 inches without one? Stripped the threads out of the transmission case.

Did I mention I had to shoot a cow this morning too.....

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

:lol: Doom, despair, and agony on me.....

You would think something like that would be a once in who knows how many lifetimes. 14 years ago I had a piece of metal puncture the oil filter on a different truck.

...and some people I know can't understand my pessimism at times.

Jogeephus":1mcx0br3 said:
Makes you want to move into the unibomber's shack doesn't it?
I tell you, scares me when times are good and easy....usually precursor to weeks like this one.

Looks like the stock market has been in a prissy mood this week too. :roll:

When someone asks me what I've been up to and I instantly recount things like you're talking about, I look at them and say "Oh not much" 'cause if I started on all the crap they'd think I was some sort of pessimist or dooms day'r or God just plain can't stand me. ;-) But if it wasn't for the crappy times, we wouldn't recognize the good times. Hang in there.

1982vett":1v4jda2z said:
Jogeephus":1v4jda2z said:
I tell you, scares me when times are good and easy....usually precursor to weeks like this one.

Not only that but the government has gone and shut down. What are we to do now?

I was having one of those days last Friday where nothing was going right. I stopped at the cafe to eat lunch and wait on a few phone calls and good friend ask me what was wrong. Not really wanting to talk I told him a few things pretty quick and he ask "Well what can you do about it". I just looked at him and said I guess nothing, he looked back and said "well then I wouldn't be so worried about it". I thought about what he said and enjoyed my lunch and everything straightened itself out. Sometimes it's easy I guess.

Lucky":2xensor5 said:
I was having one of those days last Friday where nothing was going right. I stopped at the cafe to eat lunch and wait on a few phone calls and good friend ask me what was wrong. Not really wanting to talk I told him a few things pretty quick and he ask "Well what can you do about it". I just looked at him and said I guess nothing, he looked back and said "well then I wouldn't be so worried about it". I thought about what he said and enjoyed my lunch and everything straightened itself out. Sometimes it's easy I guess.
Benign neglect goes a long way sometimes. Other times it bites you in the ...

In the case with the cow.... several weeks ago one was off by herself. Checked on her and she was fine. Did this numerous times over several weeks so I became accustom to seeing one off to herself. Then I come up on this one looking poorly. Closer inspection, she stinks to high heaven and can't get up. She is within a calving window so I suspect she couldn't have it and has a dead rotting calf in her.

Jogeephus":2gtmmfmj said:
1982vett":2gtmmfmj said:
Jogeephus":2gtmmfmj said:

Not only that but the government has gone and shut down. What are we to do now?

Have a Merry Christmas............ :lol2: Wonder if that means my wife's Christmas present won't arrive Monday. :eek:

1982vett":24mus9ig said:
:lol: Doom, despair, and agony on me.....

You would think something like that would be a once in who knows how many lifetimes. 14 years ago I had a piece of metal puncture the oil filter on a different truck.

...and some people I know can't understand my pessimism at times.

Can't complain about the weather yesterday. ;-)

Jogeephus":dw8i5bos said:

Unabomber shack....

kacz_024.jpg

Probably a move up going to prison.......

220px-ADX.CELL.DESIGN.svg.png

jltrent":ryfu1ae1 said:
Jogeephus":ryfu1ae1 said:

Unabomber shack....

kacz_024.jpg

Probably a move up going to prison.......

220px-ADX.CELL.DESIGN.svg.png

I think I'd take the shack. Sometimes I wish for a shack in the mountains with nothing more than a few deer trails leading to it.

Kingfisher":2otbjomm said:
Your having bad luck? I'd say the poor cow you took it out on got the short end of the stick....:)
Stick.....Nah...she got a 9 mm hollow point... :)

Latest posts