Lost our last one.

Help Support CattleToday:

Sad to see all the old timers go. My Grandfather was a retired Marine, he served in WW II. I think it was the proudest time of his life. He passed 4 years ago. He rarely talked about being in the military but it was interesting when he'd open up a little. Watching some of the old footage makes you realize how rough these guys had it and how brave and tough they really were. Real Men. RIP Herman and thank you.

CB, your congregation looses some of its stability when someone like Herman passes. All groups need people of character to lead them. What those guys did, and considered just part of their responsibility to their country, isn't being replicated any longer. Those guys are so unique if they were an automobile they'd' be in a museum, no more to be had. God bless, sorry for your loss.

CB, your congregation looses some of its stability when someone like Herman passes. All groups need people of character to lead them. What those guys did, and considered just part of their responsibility to their country, isn't being replicated any longer. Those guys are so unique if they were an automobile they'd' be in a museum, no more to be had. God bless, sorry for your loss.
Very true.
I was literally raised by those men. Dad every uncle served, that generation was special.
Herman had those qualities I cherished of the men of my youth. I lost the last WWII vet out of my family in 02.
They were our greatest generation and national treasure.

RIP Herman.

Not many left around here, the WWll veterans I personally new have all passed except my grade school principle and high school history teacher. We never knew he was a vet when in school, he never said a word about it. A while back the wife seen on facebook that he was the oldest living Comanche WWll veteran.

Latest posts