Let me have it!

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess I will tell a little something about myself.
My husband and I work in healthcare.
I had horses all my life. Shown, bred, broke, trained just about anything you can name I have done it with horses. Got rid of all of them at age 40. Then one day, I told husband we should get "a" cow. One thing led to another and then......
We bought a 208 acre ranch that needed a little fixin up. We have two herds and are keeping heifers to grow our herds and use as replacements. I have a small group of commercial Brahman running with a registered Brahman bull. And a herd of crossbred (dog from every town!) cows running with a registered Charolais bull. Both of these bulls are fairly new and haven't got any calves on the ground from them yet. Previously we had an Angus and a Hereford bull so our calves now are their offspring.
We bale hay for others and for ourselves.
I love to spray pastures, it is my obsession and my sole responsibility.
Sorting and moving cows is always my job too. Mine are so cube broke it is a cinch.
Our current project is clearing brush in a couple of locations on the ranch. This week we got quite a bit done in a brushy field that was overgrown.
I used to have a very nice yard with flower beds at our old house. After moving here, there is not a yard (yet). Someday I will do that again. I love daylilies, irises, roses, and perennials. For now, I'm a grassfarmer.
My husband is super-handy. He can fix things, especially mechanical things. He works a 36 hr weekend straight thru so that he can bale hay, deer hunt, and etc Monday thru Friday.
I love to talk about cows, herbicides, baling hay, and fences. I know more about tractors and equipment than pretty much all of the women I associate with. My first job at age 15 was operating a backhoe.
I'd rather be outside on my gator, spoiling my calves with cubes and scratching.

branguscowgirl":wmerjoij said:
inyati13":wmerjoij said:
I hope someone cleaned this thread up; it was getting a bad smell to it. :lol:
Ya well that"smell" was drifting over from your direction in Kentucky Ron!! :lol:
( I am referring to the CT fart contest that Inyati is having at his place.) I only hope that I am up wind that day Ron. :lol:

cowgirl8":2f3iiqy3 said:
Ok, i was told i dont know anyone here. And, this is true. I often read these post on my phone and its hard to get to every area and it also takes time. SO, since many of you have been in this group for years, its hard to dig back and know the things about you that you want the new people to know.
I've never met a stranger. Its been a life long trait that i have. i can be thrown into a group and fit right in. I can be standing in line at walmart and talk to the person next to me like they are a long lost friend. This obviously doesnt translate well via chat rooms. In person, i can detect the type of people who feel you have to pay your dues before you fit in and i act accordingly. Online, thats a trait that often backfires when you dont pay your dues like reaching the status score, guru.....I saw cow people and heck, i spend lots of time with cows and i like talking cows.
So, here it is, i want to know what you want me to know about you. Write a lot, write a little. If you want me to know, write it. I will read it and will have it to reference when needed......and, i will ask questions..
Sorry, but I really don't believe you want to know. Unless it is to gather fodder for future attacks. Just my opinion. And yes I know everyone has one...
I came here to learn and share information about bovine. I have enjoyed much here. Some things not so much. I have walked away for the most part. I wish everyone well in their endeavors and may you stay strong and healthy.

Latest posts