Last sale of the year - have we bottomed out?

Help Support CattleToday:

BC

Reaction score
The last sale of the year at Van Zandt was Saturday. The top end of the calves and packer cows were higher. How much of this was pushing to finish loads before the holidays or have we bottomed out?
medium

kenny thomas":665o2p22 said:
Same way here.
Kenny, what do you think? I know on packer cows they are picking them up from the sale barns quicker. Some of the buyers said it was taking nearly a week to get cows into the plants. If they bought on a Tuesday it was the following Monday before they would accept them at the plant. Those guys railing cows were left to pay for them and then have to feed them a week. The sale barns were posting in the office that any cows left more than 48 hours were the property of the buyer and would be charged so much a day to cover the feed bill.

BC":3l0ujpqh said:
kenny thomas":3l0ujpqh said:
Same way here.
Kenny, what do you think? I know on packer cows they are picking them up from the sale barns quicker. Some of the buyers said it was taking nearly a week to get cows into the plants. If they bought on a Tuesday it was the following Monday before they would accept them at the plant. Those guys railing cows were left to pay for them and then have to feed them a week. The sale barns were posting in the office that any cows left more than 48 hours were the property of the buyer and would be charged so much a day to cover the feed bill.
Cows here are standing over a week before being shipped to the slaughterhouses. 6 hour ride there..Several day stand there I understand

Feeders are edging steadily upwards here. 600-700 steers at 198.00-212.00 in northern Alberta yesterday according to Albertabeef.org. D1-D2 cows 65.00-78.00. Cow prices still too low but showing slight improvement. I'm also not going to get excited until I see what happens after the new year.

callmefence":3hqrz9j4 said:
The slight uptick is money being spent for tax reasons.
Cattle being held for the same.
After the new year I say they will be lower.

I agree. On the bright side, the rest of the business world is going into the crapper with us. So we have lots of company.

Sorry to hear that.
Im getting spurred hard to get a ridiculous amount of work done before the end of the year. And the phone is ringing non-stop. I'm telling folks their gonna just have to go ahead and write the checks ( it's the date that matters right?). Some folks must have made alot of money last year................

MAGA

bought a few a week or so ago. But I'm going to sit on my hands till the new year.

Latest posts