Kubota tractor tires

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
My Kubota tractor is one tuff little unit but I have always had problems with flat driver tires. My tractor was bought new and had
5.7L-15 6ply rated tube type tires. About six years ago I ask the CT Members for help with tires and was referred to Genso Aircraft tires, so I ordered two which included new wheels and filled with some chemical that prevents flats, they were great tires and still look like new, but.. they were ordered with farm tread and delivered a almost slick aircraft tread, which does not work well in the winter mud and cow manure, finally one wheel fell off the hub because the lug nuts worked loose, which damaged one wheel. Now I am looking for new steering tires and Firestone tells me that they do not manufacture a tubeless steering tire for my tire size. I have shopped online with no success. I called an out of the way tire store in Montgomery and was told that they would look for the tires. They later called me and told me that they found two steering tires, size 5.7L-15 8ply tubeless, which is what I want. These tires are an off brand named TREADURA $80.22 =tax each. I went on line and could not find how, where or who manufactured them. I really believe that American Made is the way to go but if America does not manufacture what I want then I just don't know. Have any of you had any experence with these tires. I would appreciate any Information you have.
Thank you, Kerley

I've never heard of a 5.7L-15 tractor tire :???: It would cost extra to buy wheels again, but would something larger/more common fit, something like a 7.5L-15/ 9.5L-15. Or a 6.00-16/7.50-16 :?: Looks like any of these would have better flotation and load carrying capacity. Keep your remaining good wheel and aircraft tire as a spare :idea:

Neighbor has a Super M with a loader on it. Came with 7.5l-15. Had trouble getting stuck one wet summer in the hayfield and swapped wheels and tires to the 10.00-16 from my Ford. No problems after that. So IMO when it comes to tires on a loader tractor, larger is better, as long as it fits.

Later I gave neighbor my old wheels off my round baler. Now his Super M has 9.5L-15 implement tread tires on it.

I have two of the Treaduras on a little Massy 245, I got them from the Co-Op and so far they have held up fine, guess I've had em about two-three years.

I have 4 ginsco tri rib tires and wheels we have used for years on 2 different tractors.NoFlats and no tire separation.I would definitely buy from them again.

I bought some tires last year. I think maybe regency was told they were made in same factory as firestone. Not your size but something you might check into

Just to be clear you are talking about the front tires on a 2wd tractor correct?

The aircraft tire deal was popular at one time but has faded out as you can understand. You are better off just driving on the wheels because the steering is just about as good. :)

You can get any tire foam filled. Find a good 3 rib front tire and take it to be foam filled. Its a little pricey but will prevent any flat issue and you will have good steering tires back on the front.

Brute 23":2ioz9we8 said:
Just to be clear you are talking about the front tires on a 2wd tractor correct?

The aircraft tire deal was popular at one time but has faded out as you can understand. You are better off just driving on the wheels because the steering is just about as good. :)

You can get any tire foam filled. Find a good 3 rib front tire and take it to be foam filled. Its a little pricey but will prevent any flat issue and you will have good steering tires back on the front.

I can't honestly say I've ever had any steering issues that bothered me because of smooth implement style tread instead of 3 or 4 rib tractor fronts. Neighbor seems to get along fine with the 9.5 implement tread on his Super M. I get along fine with "free" bald 265-16 pickup tire take-offs on my 8600 instead of 10.00-16 tractor fronts.

Another neighbor uses 9.00-16 implement tires on the front of his 4240 loader tractor instead of 10.00-16 tractor fronts. 9.00-16 happens to be what his stackmover uses, so he keeps a tire on hand. Implement/highway tires do work fine for some of us. Just apply a little brake when turning exceptionally short :idea:

Mat Man":3ac1i9j6 said:
I have 4 ginsco tri rib tires and wheels we have used for years on 2 different tractors.NoFlats and no tire separation.I would definitely buy from them again.
I agree they are the best I ever had but when I priced them they were sky high.

John SD":22aaqyew said:
I've never heard of a 5.7L-15 tractor tire :???: It would cost extra to buy wheels again, but would something larger/more common fit, something like a 7.5L-15/ 9.5L-15. Or a 6.00-16/7.50-16 :?: Looks like any of these would have better flotation and load carrying capacity. Keep your remaining good wheel and aircraft tire as a spare :idea:

Neighbor has a Super M with a loader on it. Came with 7.5l-15. Had trouble getting stuck one wet summer in the hayfield and swapped wheels and tires to the 10.00-16 from my Ford. No problems after that. So IMO when it comes to tires on a loader tractor, larger is better, as long as it fits.

Later I gave neighbor my old wheels off my round baler. Now his Super M has 9.5L-15 implement tread tires on it.
I entered the wrong tire size on my origional post. The correct tire size is 7.5L-15

I was told that Firestone did not manufacture 7.5L x 15 tubeless three rib Ag tires by a local tire store and I believed them. So I net shopped and found that Firestone does manufacture the 7.5L x 15 that I want. They cost a little more than the tube type that Kubota sells on their tractors. Do Ag folks really prefer the tubed tire over the tubeless and why?

kerley":jidghk7t said:
I was told that Firestone did not manufacture 7.5L x 15 tubeless three rib Ag tires by a local tire store and I believed them. So I net shopped and found that Firestone does manufacture the 7.5L x 15 that I want. They cost a little more than the tube type that Kubota sells on their tractors. Do Ag folks really prefer the tubed tire over the tubeless and why?

Only disadvantage to a tube IMO is pinching. Really 6 one way and half a dozen the other. If something punctures the tire then the tube is not gonna stop it. Tube is easier to patch however. Firestone does make the best tire, again, IMO.

JMJ Farms":2lduiqya said:
kerley":2lduiqya said:

Only disadvantage to a tube IMO is pinching. Really 6 one way and half a dozen the other. If something punctures the tire then the tube is not gonna stop it. Tube is easier to patch however. Firestone does make the best tire, again, IMO.

A tube usually solves a slow leaking tire that loses air because of some imperfection in the wheel. I'd get the tire I want in tread style and ply rating. Loader work is hard on front tires.

Given a choice, I'd also choose Firestone over other brands, even if they cost a bit more. Whether that tire runs a tube or is tubeless really is immaterial :idea: I had a set of 7.50-16 3 rib Firestones that lasted 30 years on a Major (no loader)

Also given a choice, I'd prefer a quad rib tire over a 3 rib tire, especially on a loader tractor, but there is no listing for a quad rib tire in 7.5L-15.

http://simpletire.com/firestone-7.5l15-374666-tires

I must admit I would be tempted to take a chance on the Prostar brand 8 ply tire on this page for less money than the Firestone :idea: :oops:

Latest posts