Kioti Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

Hello, Anyone using Kioti tractors for hay? Good or Bad? I have newer green tractors and considering something different.
Used one for years and my hay man currently runs one.
They are tough and well built.
Mine was before DEF , I have heard nightmare stories on all the brands since.
All equipment needs maintenance and breaks down, it's about the dealership with me.
I would definitely research who has the most reliable DEF system.
My 2 cents.

Ran a DK65 for years. It was a great tractor that was very comfortable to run and had great features. Ultimately poor product support led to me going Green. Maybe they have gotten better about that. Would buy another if it wasn't going to be my only tractor. Parts took awhile to get and the dealers locally don't have much for mechanics.

Have a DK45HSE... Been running it for ten years with no problems except ignition key and one leaking loader hydraulic cylinder. Only regret is that I didn't get cab with ac. (Central Florida)

The neighbor had a DK55 and wished they had gotten the DK65. They had good luck but traded to a bigger tractor. Also, the local dealer is gone.

Big factory making Kubota in Gainesville GA.
and sending profits back to corporate HQ in Japan. I know. I used to work for a Kubota dealership until the owner of the dealership came back from Japan and gave everyone in the shop one of those ww2 scarves and a speech about how wonderful the home island was.
japscarf.jpg

That was the day I had enoough of tearing down brand new front drive axle assemblies that came in crated and washing all the metal filings out of the casings and same way with the transmissions. Pull the drain plugs, run 5 gallons of diesel thru the transmission and watch it pour out the drain all silvery from the filings left from the milling processes. Told the shop foreman "When I finish the clutch job on that Massey I'm goin home" (we worked on anything that came in)
He: well ok Don see you tomorrow"
Me: No you won't. I ain't comin back".

Used one for years and my hay man currently runs one.
They are tough and well built.
Mine was before DEF , I have heard nightmare stories on all the brands since.
All equipment needs maintenance and breaks down, it's about the dealership with me.
I would definitely research who has the most reliable DEF system.
My 2 cents.
I bought a used RX 6010 pre def.
The tractor is in very good condition , runs good and seems to be well built.
I don't make my own hay , but I use it for different things.
The more I operate it the more I like it.
I would not own a tractor that uses def.

I've ran Kubota for 15 years now with no issues. Looked at all brands several times to try and buy a US made tractor. Unfortunately all of the 100 hp tractors are made overseas or the bulk of the parts come from overseas. It's just the world we live in now. My son has a little Kioti for years now. It runs fine but I did notice the ignition switch was out last time I saw it.

Deisel Exhaust Fluid. Most all new diesels over 75 hp require it. I think some scientists that has never ran or seen a diesel engine created it. Comes in a big plastic jug that you throw in the trash to save the enviroment.
You forgot the part about the fact the systems fail often creating waste from parts, trash motors sooner so more junk trucks or motors and the motors burn about 20% more fuel when they are running.

You forgot the part about the fact the systems fail often creating waste from parts, trash motors sooner so more junk trucks or motors and the motors burn about 20% more fuel when they are running.
Anyone that's ever spilled some in the driveway csn see the issue. The stuff crystalizes in short order.

Latest posts