King Charles lll

Help Support CattleToday:

The entire thing is weird to me. Why still have a king or queen ? What's the point of the people financially supporting a family of Germanic descent who changed their name during ww1 to sound less german.
I don't see the point it's not like they actually have any actual responsibility as far as actually governing the people

A nation's traditions go deep. An entity (or 2) that has national recognition but has no govt control is not exactly a bad thing.
I once knew someone from Wales that spoke glowingly about king George VI, especially his leadership and point of national determination during WW2.
(Commonwealth countries may feel differently tho... I know many Jamaicans referred to her as "The bloody Queen" and it was a truly derogatory term )

Still is weird to me since even up to ww1 most of the kings/queens did even speak English as a first language.
Would make more since if the monarchy actually had originated in the and all area.
But then again I am not English

The entire thing is weird to me. Why still have a king or queen ? What's the point of the people financially supporting a family of Germanic descent who changed their name during ww1 to sound less german.
I don't see the point it's not like they actually have any actual responsibility as far as actually governing the people
During the war they offered hope and inspiration. They actually work extremely hard. The queen was the patriarch of the red poll cattle breed and had her own herd. All royal functions were served red poll beef. They bring awareness to causes that would left behind. Have you ever heard Charles speak on agriculture, very passionate about it and surprisingly very intelligent. He is into organic farming but spoke how it is unsustainable yet we shouldnt let the old ways of managing pests and diseases die out as combined with modern technology can develop affective and commercially viable ways of managing agriculture with less chemicals. I was actually surprised listening to him how intelligent he is.

During the war they offered hope and inspiration. They actually work extremely hard. The queen was the patriarch of the red poll cattle breed and had her own herd. All royal functions were served red poll beef. They bring awareness to causes that would left behind. Have you ever heard Charles speak on agriculture, very passionate about it and surprisingly very intelligent. He is into organic farming but spoke how it is unsustainable yet we shouldnt let the old ways of managing pests and diseases die out as combined with modern technology can develop affective and commercially viable ways of managing agriculture with less chemicals. I was actually surprised listening to him how intelligent he is.
We must have a link....
Does he discuss often?

The queen was the patriarch of the red poll cattle breed and had her own herd. All royal functions were served red poll beef.
That's interesting that's the second or third different breed that I have heard claim to be the only beef the served at royal functions

Last edited:
The entire thing is weird to me. Why still have a king or queen ?
What's the point of the people financially supporting a family of Germanic descent
Over 1000 years the monarchy has existed in one form or another and you're going to come along and tell them No, do it my way?

Why so racist? What do you have against Germanic peoples?

King George V, Tsar Nicholas and Kaiser Wilhelm were all 1st cousins and
Theodore Roosevelt was a first cousin once removed.
WW I had a lot of family members each wanting to be the boss of the other.

Last edited:
I would venture very few on these pages know the significance of of the blue cross on the Union Jack.
That Elizabeth would spend her last days at Balmoral comes as no surprise.
She was without peer in the execution of the obligations presented her. Lee Van Ross

Over 900 years the monarchy has existed in one form or another and you're going to come along and tell them No, do it my way?

Why so racist? What do you have against Germanic peoples?
WOW
So now I am racist against some of my own heritage.
Sounds like someone is still looking for a "gotcha" then actually ready critically ready what was posted.
Never said they had to do it my way.
I said kings and queens make no sense to me because the serve little to any government decision making ect.
The house of Windsor only originated in the 1900s
Having a king or queen /emperor might be understood by me if it was carried on as a direct line for centuries as in the emperor of Japan. Makes little sense to me to have a taxpayer supported king or queen especially onethat has no direct history of ruling the country in question prior to modern times.
But I also think that a person should be judged by the content of their character, not by what last name they have or who there third cousins twice removed was.
According to genetic research 1 in 200 men alive to day are direct descendants of Genghis Khan.
Might be interesting but it shouldn't hold any weight in todays world on how they should be treated or weather they should hold positions of heirarchy supported by taxpayers

Latest posts