Kids and farm equipment, how old? -poll

Help Support CattleToday:

How old is old enough for the average child to operate farm equipment?

• If their out of diapers get their butts to work

Votes: 5 8.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 6 10.2%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 9 15.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Above 12

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters
That's a picture of him next to his first fishing boat. He used to pull the big nets with it before he could afford to buy a real boat. Carved out of an old tree by hand. He could get up to 15 knots while dragging the nets.

Yea I was going thru old stuff this weekend and looked at my grandparents marriage license from39 said both were 18 , folded up with that was there birth certificate she was born in 24 and he 22 . people always thought they were lying when they told how old they were when they got married.

True Grit Farms":1ublaybm said:

Supposedly raised on a Indian reservation near Hayward WI, left home at 13 to work for the railroad, then off to WWI, then to USPS delivering mail and ramrodding logging camps through out northern WI and MN. Homesteaded a place on the north shore of Lake Superior and started commercial fishing empire.
Don't believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. Myself I believe.

You must be ashamed!

You can edit that out and repost it. I won't tell.

I was 6 driving the tractor while my dad loaded hay, (square bales) it was low gear and all I really did was keep it pointed straight. We didn't have other options, when its time to bale you gotta get it done. Just like the other post, my older brother was 11 at the time and really couldn't be bothered with that type of work. I still dig his sorry can out of jams he gets into building and repairing stuff. Even when I left for collage and got a job, dad would call for help and I made sure I came a running.

Stones":3qyeq94s said:
I was 6 driving the tractor while my dad loaded hay, (square bales) it was low gear and all I really did was keep it pointed straight. We didn't have other options, when its time to bale you gotta get it done. Just like the other post, my older brother was 11 at the time and really couldn't be bothered with that type of work. I still dig his sorry can out of jams he gets into building and repairing stuff. Even when I left for collage and got a job, dad would call for help and I made sure I came a running.

Our place was so big we didn't need anybody to drive the tractor. Just get it going and start loading. It would run outta fuel before it got to the of the row. :hide:

TexasBred":oikehjn7 said:
Stones":oikehjn7 said:

Our place was so big we didn't need anybody to drive the tractor. Just get it going and start loading. It would run outta fuel before it got to the of the row. :hide:

Definitely a ranch and not a farm.

Latest posts