Is Brahman influenced beef bad?

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like this "peeing contest" is probably headed for locking

dun

dun":23ovteu0 said:
Looks like this "peeing contest" is probably headed for locking

dun
Sorry dun...I didnt mean for it to be a teetee contest...I jsut think that if someboyd says something about you thats not true...or somthing you dont agree with...you have a right to reply

tapeworm":32ui5iuu said:
MikeC":32ui5iuu said:
lazy ace":32ui5iuu said:
Hey Mike is there any carcass weight difference in the eared cattle compared to char angus cross? Probably a dumb question but I didn't know if they finish lighter or not.

have a good one

lazy ace

Prolly bout the same.

Did you know that as of about a month ago there are no discounts for carcasses under 1000 lbs?

999 lb carcass is now the target.
Good golly I hope they dont discount ALL carcasses under 1000...that would be almost all of em....or do you mean carcasses under 1000 but over 950??

Guess the dern packers would probaly like to be able to discount em all tho...any excuse to keep more money in there pocket. LOL No offense intended MikeC if you work for 1 of the packers..I still learn a lot form your postings

I meant to say that the discounts for carcasses wouldn't be at 900 lbs any more. They would start the discounts at 1000 lbs.

As a point of interest, a family company in the town of Hammanskraal, north of Johannesburg and Pretoria in South Africa, use only Brahman and Brahman influenced cattle, and sell 18 month corn fed 'Baby beef'.
Their customers come as far away as the two main cities as well as hotels etc such is the reputation of their beef.
The majority of the cattle are home bred, fed in the company feedlot and sold through the company butchery after 21 day maturing. Selecting for the required carcase quality, and selected terminal sires has built up an enviable reputation for this family company which actually owns every business property in the town. Brahman influence has not impaired the quality of this companies' beef, selection and good marketing have been the key.

Latest posts