Imagine towing a gooseneck with this!

Help Support CattleToday:

Wish the couple of resident bears around here would work on the fawns a little more... had another big deer killed on road right by house the other night..... son counted at least 30 in the field across road from the house, working on the cover crop that is greening up due to the abnormally warm temps....they are overunning us here.... I think son said there were 15 killed on the main farm during hunting season... he insists on only 1 buck and the rest does for any of those that hunt....
Damn, how big a place?

What's morally wrong about electric power that doesn't also apply to other energy sources?
Nothing wrong with the power, what's wrong is in them lying about it. They're telling these slickers that using that EV is better for the environment and that it basically makes them not a part of the the fossil fuel issue anymore, and I don't hold with lying.

What's morally wrong about electric power that doesn't also apply to other energy sources?
As long as there's a net benefit it's a good thing. I still wonder how the batteries are going to be handled as they wear out. In fact I wonder why all batteries aren't sold with a deposit so they are turned in and handled appropriately. The trade-offs are always going to be controversial. But damn, some of the numbers they are getting are very impressive. Torque and time elapsed are a wow factor. The only thing that is a real problem from my perspective is the time element in recharging.

As long as there's a net benefit it's a good thing. I still wonder how the batteries are going to be handled as they wear out. In fact I wonder why all batteries aren't sold with a deposit so they are turned in and handled appropriately. The trade-offs are always going to be controversial. But damn, some of the numbers they are getting are very impressive. Torque and time elapsed are a wow factor. The only thing that is a real problem from my perspective is the time element in recharging.
Maybe the battery disposal issue will be offset by the reduce of waste with the gas engine. Things like waste oil, coolant etc.IDK.. Everything produces trash.
If we want to talk lying. The politicizing tendency of some certainly qualify. The fact that there is a preference by one party doesn't make all participates in a industry the opponent.
The idea of gun manufacturers being liable for gun crimes would be a similar example of this. The fact that one recognizes the benefit of having options in fuel sources Doesn't mean they are "woke".
I would say it means they are capable of open and intelligent thought. Vs blindly jumping on the bandwagon.

Last edited:
Maybe the battery disposal issue will be offset by the reduce of waste with the gas engine. Things like waste oil, coolant etc.IDK.. Everything produces trash.
If we want to talk lying. The politicizing tendency of some certainly qualify. The fact that there is a preference by one party doesn't make all participates in a industry the opponent.
The idea of gun manufacturers being liable for gun crimes would be a similar example of this. The fact that one recognizes the benefit of having options in fuel sources Doesn't mean they are "woke".
I would say it means they are capable of open and intelligent thought. Vs blindly jumping on the bandwagon.
Exactly... trade-offs.
And yeah, the politicizing of issues has become unreasonable. Usually anyone throwing accusations of lying or morality are only operating on their own bias and blind to the hypocrisy involved. Bandwagons abound and very few people think before they leap on one.

Part of the waste from an IC engine and its processes can be reused, not to mention that bio available alternatives have already been found. If we really want to go there, hydro engines have been hashed and rehashed and the only thing making them unsustainable that I've seen is that it'll get ya disappeared. If the technology for EVs could be obtained without stripping the planet and if there was a sustainable disposal process you'd see me right here on board with you, or hell, even if they were proven to be a slightly lower net damage. I saw three days ago where somebody posted their charging record from hauling a camper with a Rivian from CO to TX, they had to charge 9 times in a 12 hour drive. When that becomes sustainable, I'll change my tune.

Part of the waste from an IC engine and its processes can be reused, not to mention that bio available alternatives have already been found. If we really want to go there, hydro engines have been hashed and rehashed and the only thing making them unsustainable that I've seen is that it'll get ya disappeared. If the technology for EVs could be obtained without stripping the planet and if there was a sustainable disposal process you'd see me right here on board with you, or hell, even if they were proven to be a slightly lower net damage. I saw three days ago where somebody posted their charging record from hauling a camper with a Rivian from CO to TX, they had to charge 9 times in a 12 hour drive. When that becomes sustainable, I'll change my tune.

Nothing wrong with the power, what's wrong is in them lying about it. They're telling these slickers that using that EV is better for the environment and that it basically makes them not a part of the the fossil fuel issue anymore, and I don't hold with lying.
Is it me or did you say two different things. ???
Remember we're being "morale.. 😁

The lie is in telling people that their EV is better for the environment, nothing I said changes my stance on that. We can keep on though, that damn monkey in the corner is rooting for ya.
Understood. It seemed like you said electric power was ok. Then said it is wasn't...my bad.
I agree electric power has environmental issues that your being lied to about.
I add that the exact same thing applies to the petroleum industry. But it seems you are ok with that...?

Understood. It seemed like you said electric power was ok. Then said it is wasn't...my bad.
I agree electric power has environmental issues that your being lied to about.
I add that the exact same thing applies to the petroleum industry. But it seems you are ok with that...?
I'm a "devil we know" kind of guy. We've been working with the petroleum thing long enough that we've figured out a few ways to mitigate it, we've figured out a few bio available alternatives that can run on the same equipment, etc so if we're not going to do the smart thing by going with hydro engines or similar then at least we know what we have and how to work around it towards a better end on the IC side. With EVs we know: strip the planet for rare and non renewable resources also needed for other things, use heavy amounts of petroleum in the process of procuring these and delivering them, make a complex battery system we don't have a sophisticated disposal system for, transfer the environmental strain from petroleum over to our power plants and then... That's as much as we've got. EVs are only "better for the environment" because most people don't drive past a power plant regularly so it's an invisible problem. If the talking heads were just up front about that and they weren't concurrently lobbying to ban or restrict IC engine vehicles, we'd have no quarrel, but the EVs are surrounded by dishonesty and an agenda and so subsequently their avid proponents can kiss me somewhere around the Grizz ring on my back pocket.

Damn, how big a place?
@50/50.... the field across from my house that we grow a crop on and has been in hay is about 12-14 acres ???? There is another 10 acre next to it and another 20-50 acres all right next to or close... plus a pasture and some hay ground just a 1/2 mile down the road that is about 30-50 acres... The deer through here are like a herd of cows....

The "main farm" that my son just actually bought from the widow we have been renting from for nearly 10 years, is 100-125 acres and the widow of the other brother has a contiguous place next to it of about 125 acres... it was one farm, the 2 brothers bought it, then split it, but it was still farmed as one. We use the pastures on the other piece as it is rough and no crop ground on it. Taking 15 deer off that is like nothing.... we sometimes see 10-30 in the evening out there eating the wheat or rye or barley cover crops as they start to green up.... and a bear smashed down about 1/2 acre of the sorghum sudan last year... rolled the hay rolls that were in the 5 acre strip of grass next to it, right down into the sorghum before we even got them moved. And this farm is 1/2 mile from the I-81 highway exit and this crop land sits right alongside the highway....

@50/50.... the field across from my house that we grow a crop on and has been in hay is about 12-14 acres ???? There is another 10 acre next to it and another 20-50 acres all right next to or close... plus a pasture and some hay ground just a 1/2 mile down the road that is about 30-50 acres... The deer through here are like a herd of cows....

The "main farm" that my son just actually bought from the widow we have been renting from for nearly 10 years, is 100-125 acres and the widow of the other brother has a contiguous place next to it of about 125 acres... it was one farm, the 2 brothers bought it, then split it, but it was still farmed as one. We use the pastures on the other piece as it is rough and no crop ground on it. Taking 15 deer off that is like nothing.... we sometimes see 10-30 in the evening out there eating the wheat or rye or barley cover crops as they start to green up.... and a bear smashed down about 1/2 acre of the sorghum sudan last year... rolled the hay rolls that were in the 5 acre strip of grass next to it, right down into the sorghum before we even got them moved. And this farm is 1/2 mile from the I-81 highway exit and this crop land sits right alongside the highway....
Damn, no wonder you're covered in deer. You might have to help thin them out yourself!

I will add that she is near the USFS and the National Park. The Park doesn't allow anything to be killed on their property so it's very overpopulated with both deer and bear. Neither can read where the boundaries are so they come out to the private land to eat.

Add to that, so many farms are being split up and sold off for "farmette type estates" and bought by stupid idiot tree hugging animal loving peta rich people and other types that "love the wildlife"...... and hunting is CRUEL...... yet moan and groan and B@#%H about the damage the deer do to their fancy pants plantings around their houses and when the deer get hit on the road.... there is at least 1 deer a month... and often more... killed on my road ......besides that it is fairly straight and they fly down through here.....and then demand that the conservation people "do something" about the deer... but no you can't hunt them......
I am 3 miles from exit 205 on I-81.... 2 miles from the Va Tech land that the McCormick farm sits on..... and there is a farm that belonged to the guy who died that we bought off his widow... we helped him the last several years as his health failed.... that is now a development of these 4-20 acre " country estates", with all sorts of restricted covenants on them.... we still make hay on a few pieces that haven't sold or have not been built on yet as they are required to mow them at least 2x a year......

Too many have spilled out from the city suburbs, all the ones that like the benefits of "living in the country" without any thoughts to what actually was behind it that made it attractive in the first place and then try to change it to "where and what" they were used to but with cheaper taxes and lower cost of living from where they came.... and still want to look out the window at the "countryside" , and the farmland... but not the manure and fertilizer and the equipment and hours of hard work that goes into making all that "farmland" look so picture postcard pretty.....

Thanks @kenny thomas