Hooks Beacon 56B

Help Support CattleToday:

VaCowman

Reaction score
A well proven bull, surely someone on here has some experiences with him. How are his daughters? Are the feet good? I am thinking about using him to make some F1 simangus cows. I have heard, and read on here probably, that the Shear Force lineage does well on hot fescue pastures. SF is out of the question, but this guy certainly could fill that spot. He appears a little light in the rear, but maybe its just a bad picture. Mainly looking for input from folks with females. It appears he could dry them up a bit, but not too much. What have your experiences been? Any and all bull calves will be steered and sold as freezer beef. Any replacements that do not fit the bill will also end up in the freezer.

No experience with him but I would highly recommend Uno Mas or Cowboy Cut if you are wanting to make good females.
Both are proven to make easy fleshing cows, nice udders, feet, and docility.

Haven't got no experience with Beacon neither but he never has struck me to want any. I agree I like Uno Mas and Cowboy Cut better. If looking at ABS I would think Yellowstone, Surebet, or Goldmine over Beacon but that's just me and my taste.

Only had 2 last year. Both went to sale barn as culls. Too extreme low birthweight and didnt grow well here. One of those cows has a Cowboy Cut calf this year that is much nicer than her Beacon calf. I personally am trying to stay away from anything with a negative bw number.

Also if buying from ABS it's hard to beat the proven record of Hooks Yellowstone 97Y. I have a heifer right now that's growing very well.

Latest posts