Help me pick a Bull-Opinions Wanted.

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3u1xxzt4 said:
The wording and punctuation threw me a curve. Looked like you were "excepting" all those breeds. The brangus bull should be great with those young ladies.

Yes, that is exactly why I questioned that. Worded any except the ones you listed which were some that I was thinking would be the best compliments.

Beefy":3h9w2xes said:
beefmaster or brangus, whichever you prefer.

I started with Reg. Full-Blood Beefmasters years ago, and I guess that is why I am strongly considering The Santa Gertrudis Bull. Santa Gertrudis bull on my 1/2 Hereford Heifers would essentially get me back to Beefmaster-type cows with a little Angus Influence from the 1/8-1/4 Angus and Brangus influence.

I have not ruled out Red Brangus, Santa Cruz or Beefmaster. Just thinking Santa Gertrudis would probably be a lil better fit and then come back with Brangus or Angus.

Wording was fine as long as the viewer properly intepreted the period following Brangus

IndianCreekcowboy":3n5tprhf said:
dun":3n5tprhf said:
Wording was fine as long as the viewer properly intepreted the period following Brangus
Yep, and I prolly saw it as a comma until it was pointed out. Following Braford though. ;-)
You're right it was following Braford. I can read I just don;t remember so pretty good.

dun":1rr1czzt said:
As I said "wording and punctuation" not to mention a sentence fragment on the end.

i'd go with Beefmaster over Gert anyday. but if you go with the Gert i'd try to select for disposition and fertility.

Well, for an update I went with a young Beefmaster bull, he is a Cavalier son. Incredible depth and thickness, but doesn't look long at all through body, and no neck, looks like he was put in a compacter. Looks just like his Sire, even colored like him Darker red head and front fading to a lighter tanish gold in rump. Very easy going, and unexcitable. I may post a pic one day if I can figure it out.

IndianCreekcowboy":1v8zigg5 said:
Well, for an update I went with a young Beefmaster bull, he is a Cavalier son. Incredible depth and thickness, but doesn't look long at all through body, and no neck, looks like he was put in a compacter. Looks just like his Sire, even colored like him Darker red head and front fading to a lighter tanish gold in rump. Very easy going, and unexcitable. I may post a pic one day if I can figure it out.

:welcome: to the new beefmaster!

http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/400/400-803/400-803.html

Can't seem to find the one that says Angus have a 96% rating (calving or weaning). If you want fertility, I'd use a combination of these animals. I would guess Red Angus are the same, and I think I've heard they have better tenderness than the black.

Foxx":1nmocpdp said:
http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/400/400-803/400-803.html

Can't seem to find the one that says Angus have a 96% rating (calving or weaning). If you want fertility, I'd use a combination of these animals. I would guess Red Angus are the same, and I think I've heard they have better tenderness than the black.

He already bought the bull......a beefmaster. Because among other things it was well suited to his climate!

If he is anything like the old bull, then :tiphat: that is how a bull is supposed to move, that is what a bull is supposed to look like!

Latest posts