Handling the Virus

Help Support CattleToday:

:hide: I didn't read all that before posting mine earlier. 😬🙌🏽 🙈🙉🙊

callmefence said:
I think it's interesting how Canada the uk and australia are so worried about us politics and no one in the us gives canadian, uk or australian politics a second thought.....huh..

Why would that be a surprise? The US is the most powerful nation on the planet, with an active foreign policy. Stuff that happens in the US affect us all. Therefore we pay attention. It's not that complicated really.

Has anyone on the board had the Covid-19 testing done? I know several including my 6 yo grandson and I know a person waiting on results now. It's really strange to me that this is the most important issue in America right now and it takes 6-8 days to get results back. By the time you realize your exposed or get symptoms then take the test the 14 day waiting period is over.
I know a few who have had the antibodies test done also. 1 person showed antibodies so could have possibly maybe who knows had it, the other showed none so he could have possibly maybe who knows had it also.

Lucky said:
Has anyone on the board had the Covid-19 testing done? I know several including my 6 yo grandson and I know a person waiting on results now. It's really strange to me that this is the most important issue in America right now and it takes 6-8 days to get results back. By the time you realize your exposed or get symptoms then take the test the 14 day waiting period is over.
I know a few who have had the antibodies test done also. 1 person showed antibodies so could have possibly maybe who knows had it, the other showed none so he could have possibly maybe who knows had it also.

My wife did but was negative. There is a lot of strange results with the tests. I think they are starting to work the virus out and why it's doing what it does. As soon as they have treatments to stop the badly effected dieing i reckon they can let it go.

Lucky said:

The boss was tested long ago, we both have what is a very similar virus, bit of a pest cause you can be coughing a lot & people give you dagger eyes....

We were told, it will be 3 - 6 months before this one fades out.....

The prob is, your not supposed to rely on a test, everyone should assume they have it and everyone else has it, i.e....if you wash your hands and take basic precautions like no hand shaking, no coughing fits without covering up, keeping some distance, this should overcome most issues.

The prob with being human, is, most cannot seem to keep up the basic requirements.

Anyways, do not rely on any test to change behavior, do what you can now :)

Silver said:
callmefence said:
haase said:
You do that chief.

Careful now rich..... your be nice with a genuine real rancher there.

I have never made that claim, but nice that you think so I guess. STO is all I've ever called myself. Look it up.

Yet another low flying joke flys over your head.

I was tested 2 weeks ago today before I could have an endoscopy. But had a colonoscopy 3 days before the endoscopy and didn't have the results of the Covid test back until later that day. Guess it was a difference in which end they were working on.

kenny thomas said:
I was tested 2 weeks ago today before I could have an endoscopy. But had a colonoscopy 3 days before the endoscopy and didn't have the results of the Covid test back until later that day. Guess it was a difference in which end they were working on.

I had the same procedures but they were both done at the same time. I hope the doctor cleaned the scope between procedures.

The doctor here won't do both in one visit anymore. They get to charge both me and the insurance company more if it's 2 procedure on different days.

kenny thomas said:
The doctor here won't do both in one visit anymore. They get to charge both me and the insurance company more if it's 2 procedure on different days.

It's gotten worse than that!
Have to go the doctor every three months for diabetic med refills, like I am going to quit being diabetic.
That's not even a procedure.

kenny thomas said:
I've heard when they do the covid test, you can feel it at both ends..like their trying to scratch you brain..

I talked to a gentleman today who's wife is some kinda head nurse at a hospital, we were talking about COVID and this ridiculousness surrounding it. He tells me that his wife sent off 40 tests and they all came back positive so to test the accuracy of the test she mixed in some swabs that's had not even been used with some that had and the lab said they all tested positive. He also said that the hospital gets around $17,000 for every positive case. I'm not saying the virus ain't real but if you think we're not having the wool pulled over our eyes you're not paying much attention.

I live in Arkansas and according to officials our numbers are climbing right now, but I haven't talked to a single person that actually knows anyone personally that has it and very few know of anyone that has had it. I know of one person that has had it. I come in contact with numerous people daily, if the numbers are that high I'd have to believe I'd know more people that have had it. And during the period that everyone has worried about dying of corona ive known a 40 year old lady die of a aneurysm, a 18 year old die in a car wreck, a man die of a heart attack raking hay, and another run over by a backhoe.

I know 2 people who died With covid-19.
Both were over 80 in a nursing home and in poor health, neither death was unexpected.
One was treated for cancer 6 months ago, the other was a long term Alzheimer's patient.
Both are counted in Minnesota's 1440 confirmed Coronavirus deaths.