Gift Ideas?

Help Support CattleToday:

allisonr

Reaction score
Long story short: we're surprising my Grandma with a new pup this Christmas.Her beloved Australian Shepherd Trixie passed unexpectedly this spring, and it's time for her to get another companion.

My question is: what is a unique gift I can get her for the pup? I'm sure everyone will get her toys, treats, collars etc. so I'm trying to think of something that others won't have thought of. She's getting older, so maybe there's something I can get that will make it easier on her? Just a thought.

Would love to hear any ideas you guys have! Thanks!

Eelectric heated bed for the pup, but the steps/ramp would also work well.

allisonr":1usd22a7 said:
Long story short: we're surprising my Grandma with a new pup this Christmas.

Don't want to interfere but do you know if your gran is ready for another dog? Has she decided that she wants another companion? I don't like giving pets as presents...I believe that if a person wants an animal it should be their choice, that animal is going to stay with and be cared for by that person for many years to come... Why not ask her and if she wants one, let her go and choose it herself(perhaps accompany her). Just something to think about, I know your intentions are good ;-)

I have to agree with alisonb. I'd strongly suggest making sure she wants another puppy instead of surprising her with one. I know I definitely would not want to be surprised with a pet.

Same here. I've always been against animals as gifts and despise breeders who time breedings just for the holidays.

Depending on her age, should she really have a puppy? As we all know, puppies are a lot of work. If she does want another dog, what about adopting one that is older and already house trained?

Latest posts