Gentlemen, clean your tanks!

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Anyone use a product called Stock plex to keep their stock tanks clean? I believe its a copper sulfate product. Had a guy I work with said he was going to try it, but I had never heard of it. I just usually clean out my tanks, and during the summer skim off the moss and other junk that gathers in it.
I'm afraid to get it too clean, might spring a leak!! :cboy:

Yeah Jo, I have heard of people doing that before. goldfish eat that stuff dont they?

Ive have some in one of my water troughs for about 10 years. I have to feed em now that I dont hardly have any cattle anymore. They do a hecka of a job

There is one of those spas near my mom's house and its expensive! Yet another thing I missed the boat on. {Note to self, organic grassfed, goldfish pedicure sun spa operation}

john250":35t8tzhm said:
Jogeephus":35t8tzhm said:
And leak it will.

I've put goldfish in mine before. Its amazing how big they can get.

Ya ever been to one of those places where they massage your feet with a pan full of goldfish?

I would get a new girl that confused the piranah with the gold fish.

I have 2 small (300 gal) water tanks side by side. One is an ancient concrete trough and the other is galvanize. I have never seen the cows take a drink from the galvanize steel tank, with it's perfectly clear well water--opting instead for the concrete tank that always seems to be a little dirty.
Why is this?

greybeard":pojddy30 said:
I have 2 small (300 gal) water tanks side by side. One is an ancient concrete trough and the other is galvanize. I have never seen the cows take a drink from the galvanize steel tank, with it's perfectly clear well water--opting instead for the concrete tank that always seems to be a little dirty.
Why is this?

my guess is the concrete tank keeps the water cooler????

We put two gold fish in a tank (apparently male and female) and in a few years, had enough to transplant to every place we had. Kept about 10 in the original tank. Then my bird dog learned how to fish (long story) and he spent the next few summers, wading in the stock tanks in the heat of the day, catching every last one of them.

That dog did it all: hunt, fish, chicken coop snake killer, barn mouser, cattle wrangler/trailer loader, night watchman/home security, baby sitter and was the star running back of the neighborhood foot ball game. I guess out of respect for him, we never did restock the fish.

Latest posts