Found me some tigers

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew

Reaction score
Found 20 tiger stripe heifers a couple towns over from me. Went and looked at them yesterday and boy they are a fine set of ladies. They'll start calving last of September and finish the first of November. Went out in the pasture with them and they never picked their heads up. He said he would do 1250 on them if I got all 20. Gonna pull the trigger in the morning. Maybe this should go in the blind squirrel finds a nut thread!

Sounds like a great deal. Just make sure they're not out of some 1600lb Brahman cows and youre good to go.

That's a pretty good price on them. The idea of 20 heifers calving gives me the hebejeebees though

CKC1586":17fhwsgf said:
hooknline":17fhwsgf said:
That's a pretty good price on them. The idea of 20 heifers calving gives me the hebejeebees though
:shock: That crossed my mind too. But sounds like a great deal!
But then again, youre used to that hard calving breed in your avitar too.

If these heifers are truely bred to a lbw bull, they'll throw tiny calves.that'll grow like weeds. I've nvr had a calving problem with Brahma x females when bred reasonably.

hooknline":cj3pupc6 said:

We calved out 40 angus and brangus type heifers last year on three farms.

You run across any more shoot me a PM. My brother in law is looking for a starter set of true F1tigers.

circlew":am28t0yz said:
Found 20 tiger stripe heifers a couple towns over from me. Went and looked at them yesterday and boy they are a fine set of ladies. They'll start calving last of September and finish the first of November. Went out in the pasture with them and they never picked their heads up. He said he would do 1250 on them if I got all 20. Gonna pull the trigger in the morning. Maybe this should go in the blind squirrel finds a nut thread!

You got a deal I seen some 2 and 3 year old Certified F-1 heavies go through the barn for 2000 last saturaday.
These girl's would eat you as well.

xbred":3691ewzp said:
sound like a deal to me.... good price.... I'd like to have 20 tiger stripes calving this fall..
Me 2 they are somthing i don't have alot of expierence with but have always thught i would like to have some. what kind of bull do plan on going back with? do you have any picures i always like to see good cattle heck i just like seeing any cattle.

denvermartinfarms":pjkyeile said:
xbred":pjkyeile said:
sound like a deal to me.... good price.... I'd like to have 20 tiger stripes calving this fall..
Me 2 they are somthing i don't have alot of expierence with but have always thught i would like to have some. what kind of bull do plan on going back with? do you have any picures i always like to see good cattle heck i just like seeing any cattle.
they would be more a novelty in your area, than a necessity

ALACOWMAN":33ocoqwm said:
Massey135":33ocoqwm said:
Call it what you want, few crosses will wean a heavier calf.
dam sure will call it what i want. .... ive raised em and wouldnt recommend them to folks north of where they are best suited

I agree Cowman and there is a huge difference in messing with Tiger's than Hereford's or Angus.
You are not going to drive them anywhere you lead them, secondly don't think you are going to play cowboy with them either. You get to whooping and hollering and it will look like a herd of turkeys leaving, they will run and jump like deer and disappear in an armadillo hole. Let one stranger show up and they will be head high and ready to go into fight or flight mode.

and as great as a calf as their able to raise,, its a shame to have it docked to death because its out of its element.... while i was breeding my brahmans to simmental bulls i also bred the f1s to em.... lord at the calves they could raise

I
denvermartinfarms":24fi5pn7 said:
xbred":24fi5pn7 said:
I'm going with a char bull. The fellow I'm getting them from has a group of brahman cows with hereford bulls and a group of tigers on char bulls. Them char calves are the best set of calves I have seen this year.

circlew":2xra4ftu said:
I
denvermartinfarms":2xra4ftu said:
xbred":2xra4ftu said:
I'm going with a char bull. The fellow I'm getting them from has a group of brahman cows with hereford bulls and a group of tigers on char bulls. Them char calves are the best set of calves I have seen this year.
no doubt...

Latest posts