Food for a hangover

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":9oysfdo3 said:
Make yourself some tea with algerita leaves. It'll kill a hangover better than any medications you can buy or have prescribed. Nothing better than algerita tea or chew the leaves if you want.
My mom and her family use to chew leaves too but I don't think they were algarita. :lol2:

Reading about it this does look like it is some good medicine.

Its one of those things your grandaddy taught ya. Back then my mind was interested in city things (as well as the going ons in the city) and store bought items. I sure wish I would have paid more attention to the elders.

backhoeboogie":1g1rowh6 said:
Ryder, Here's a better link. It even has pictures of the bush. Algerita is good stuff :nod:

I am figuring everyone who replied with hangover remedies here aint never had it.

Our liver also affects our thinking, brain, and balance. If you wake up about 2 a.m. with overactive thinking that keeps you awake, try some Algerita tea or tincture. The mind quiets down and sleep comes easily. Slurred speech and poor balance can also be the results of a liver dysfunction, often, but not only, experienced after drinking too much alcohol. Algerita to the rescue once again for hangovers.
Thanks Boogie. I don't think it grows here. I don't ever recall anything looking like that big bush.
Your post just caught my attention. Not that I would have any need for a hangover remedy.
Not all of us have the problem of over indulgence which Alisonb seems to anticipate as a consequence of poor self discipline. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ryder":1llov0he said:
backhoeboogie":1llov0he said:
Ryder, Here's a better link. It even has pictures of the bush. Algerita is good stuff :nod:

I am figuring everyone who replied with hangover remedies here aint never had it.

Our liver also affects our thinking, brain, and balance. If you wake up about 2 a.m. with overactive thinking that keeps you awake, try some Algerita tea or tincture. The mind quiets down and sleep comes easily. Slurred speech and poor balance can also be the results of a liver dysfunction, often, but not only, experienced after drinking too much alcohol. Algerita to the rescue once again for hangovers.
Thanks Boogie. I don't think it grows here. I don't ever recall anything looking like that big bush.
Your post just caught my attention. Not that I would have any need for a hangover remedy.
Not all of us have the problem of over indulgence which Alisonb seems to anticipate as a consequence of poor self discipline. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We could always bottle up some snake oil and send it out. You never know what folks will buy.

VanC":1mxsni8q said:
The only surefire way to deal with a hangover is to exercise a little self control and avoid it altogether.
Don't tell me.....Baptist....sounds like Southern Baptist....dang Van you're about as much fun as a turd in the punch bowl. :kid:

TexasBred":1j8ivp1s said:
VanC":1j8ivp1s said:
The only surefire way to deal with a hangover is to exercise a little self control and avoid it altogether.
Don't tell me.....Baptist....sounds like Southern Baptist....dang Van you're about as much fun as a turd in the punch bowl. :kid:

Or a fart in a space suit :D

TexasBred":2cqqtt72 said:
VanC":2cqqtt72 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried not to laugh but just couldn't help it.

You know why you always take at least 2 Baptist fishing with and never just one????? You take just one, he will drink all your beer, but 2 or more and they will stay church house sober....

Ryder":26lbph34 said:

You must have taken my advice and chewed on a couple of those 'happy berries'.

alisonb":5tvpxjc7 said:
Ryder":5tvpxjc7 said:

You must have taken my advice and chewed on a couple of those 'happy berries'.

I've never played with those berries. After reading that write, maybe I should pick them, dry them, and put them in someone's trail mix. :D :D (I do have someone in mind)

TexasBred":1lti35i6 said:
VanC":1lti35i6 said:

Been that way lately, TB. I'll come out of it. Actually, though, a turd in a punch bowl can be fun if you don't have any punch. Nope, not Baptist, just a retired drunk that's had more hangovers than I can count. Never did find a "cure" except the one I mentioned. Don't mean to spoil anyone's fun. To each his own.

VanC":1lmvdvr6 said:
TexasBred":1lmvdvr6 said:
VanC":1lmvdvr6 said:

Been that way lately, TB. I'll come out of it. Actually, though, a turd in a punch bowl can be fun if you don't have any punch. Nope, not Baptist, just a retired drunk that's had more hangovers than I can count. Never did find a "cure" except the one I mentioned. Don't mean to spoil anyone's fun. To each his own.

Well besides your way Van , the other best cure for a hangover is just plain EXERCISE. Get your body moving ,and work out hard .Sweat out the alcohol, stay hydrated with water and electrolytes, have a steaming hot shower when done and you will fee like a new person..

I am too old for hangovers anymore. I now like to wake up in the morning without my brain feeling like it is trying to pummel it's way out of my head with a demolition hammer . :help:

My last hangover was unintentional but I don't think anyone sets out to get one. But exercise? In that state? Maybe running to the toilet...

There is a difference between a hangover and a touch of alcohol poisoning. If a person is throwing up and can barely function ,more than likely they have alcohol poisoning and really need to think about how much they consume next time as it could become life threatening .

The cure for a hangover ? Drink some more.. until you finally realize this Sh#t is killin me...
either that or you wont ever quit.

Limomike":cziiz2dw said:
The cure for a hangover ? Drink some more.. until you finally realize this Sh#t is killin me...
either that or you wont ever quit.
:shock: :shock: That's excessive.....

I may have a slight hangover once/twice a year. Don't believe in 'excessive' anything but moderation, am just to a responsible person and believe self respect is very important. That being said I'm still looking for a magic cure..... ;-) :help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxchyOFiNgk :banana:

Right, I think I've found it. You either don't drink as a few people mentioned or for every drink you drink, you drink the same quantity of water. This whole procedure gets entirely boring so at the end of the day you don't over indulge anyway :p it also means you get a whole lot of exercise running up and down to the lav every 5 minutes.

alisonb":3th7bb43 said:
Right, I think I've found it. You either don't drink as a few people mentioned or for every drink you drink, you drink the same quantity of water. This whole procedure gets entirely boring so at the end of the day you don't over indulge anyway :p it also means you get a whole lot of exercise running up and down to the lav every 5 minutes.
Intersting. My common order is, "VO and coke and a glass of water on the side."
I don't even know what a hangover is.
I do not know what the size of the bar tab is either until it is time to pay up. Shocking. :shock:

Latest posts