First Longhorn Cross Calves of 2015!

Help Support CattleToday:

Big Cheese

Reaction score
We are starting to have our first calves of the new year! We had our first one on New Years day and I haven't got a picture of it yet but we had another a couple of days later and I was able to get a quick picture of it a few days after it was born during the rain. We are starting off with Black Angus Longhorn cross calves until the end of February and the First of March which is when we will start having our first Charolais Longhorn cross calves out of our bulls. We are happy with our Longhorn cross calf operation so far and are looking forward for the calves to start hitting the ground running and growing!

This isn't a real good picture of the calf itself but I will get better ones and try to post more so that everyone can see how these Longhorn cross calves are doing.

Looks like they're doing well

Are longhorn momma's good at hiding their calves in the bush? Seems to me this one is thinking about it!

They are definitely good at hiding. We had one that calved the day we bought the very first herd of Longhorns back in May and it went straight from the trailer to the brush and hid for over 24 hours and had her calf. We thought it had disappeared or didn't get delivered. They are also really really good at hiding their calves as well.

This is our true first calf of 2015. It was born on New Years day and is a Black Angus Longhorn cross. We had another calf yesterday but I couldn't get close enough to get a picture. The momma had it off by themselves and wouldn't stay still long enough. We are up to 3 calves for 2015 and are looking to have about 10 more in the next 2 to 4 weeks by the looks of things. The new year is getting off to a good start for our herd!

Usually what I have noticed when breeding black to a Longhorn is that where a longhorn is red then that is going to be black on the calf. Its going to look just like the momma just black. However, when we bought one herd last year they all had solid black calves. You never know what they are going to look like coming out of a longhorn, that is just what my observations have shown so far.

In the middle/end of February and the first of March our Charolais cross calves will start coming. These were already bred to a Black Angus when we bought them.

Bet I have seen more of them than you have Taurus. But between you and CG8 there is no use in the rest of us doing any thing but reading about you and CG8 vast experience. The rest of us know nothing. :lol2: :lol2:

You mean to tell me Redbull, doesn't know nothing about redbulls. Sometimes it's just better to listen.

Red Bull Breeder":2u67snlu said:
Bet I have seen more of them than you have Taurus. But between you and CG8 there is no use in the rest of us doing any thing but reading about you and CG8 vast experience. The rest of us know nothing. :lol2: :lol2:
Its sad that you are full of hate towards to me. Let me know when you're ready to apologize for being an azzhole for no absolute reason.

Taurus":3fzzfsqy said:
Red Bull Breeder":3fzzfsqy said:
Its sad that you are full of hate towards to me. Let me know when you're ready to apologize for being an azzhole for no absolute reason.
You know, i've never told you guys what to do with your cattle, i've only told you what works on our place with pictures to back me up. Taurus on the other hand, gee fella, you can dish it out but you sure cant take it. That skin need to thicken up and if anyone knows what being a azzhole is for no reason, its you... :lol2:

cowgirl8":3f4sxoh0 said:
Taurus":3f4sxoh0 said:
Red Bull Breeder":3f4sxoh0 said:
You know, i've never told you guys what to do with your cattle, i've only told you what works on our place with pictures to back me up. Taurus on the other hand, gee fella, you can dish it out but you sure cant take it. That skin need to thicken up and if anyone knows what being a azzhole is for no reason, its you... :lol2:
you on other hand, have mistreated and insulting nearly all posters simply because they doesn't agree with you. Yet you still don't know why you are on many posters' foe list. At last I don't have to grow a thick skin for your insults, knowing I'm satisfied with the fact that you have more foes than friends. At least Ive had changed to become better person (or at least less azzhole)