First calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Jessica06

Reaction score
We just started putting together a club calf herd in March '06, and these are just a few of our first calves. We're happy so far with them, other than the fact that there's 7 heifers and 3 bulls! I'm also attaching a few pictures of some of our heifers. Comments (good or bad) appreciated!

American Seabiscuit sired bull calf
IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Power Plus heifer - she wouldn't stop long enough for me to take a better picture
IMG_1455.jpg

Ali bull - about a day old
IMG_1476.jpg

Rock Star x Popeye/Angus - mother of the PP heifer
IMG_1448.jpg

Another Power Plus heifer
IMG_1483.jpg

Maine/Angus heifer
fheifer2.jpg

They look nice, I would be very careful on the breeding of the females. Power Plus has PHA in his pedigree.

Thanks, we are planning on getting all of our possible carriers tested soon, and are definitely staying away from carriers or potential carriers for them as we decide on bulls this fall.

I really appreciate all of your comments. We don't get many opinions on them besides our own and from a few (very biased!) family members. In the picture she is about 19-20 months. I wish I could say that we raised her, but we did pick her out at about 5 months so I guess that has to count for something! ;) She just calved about a week ago to our Angus cleanup bull.

I'm afraid I don't have one of her and her calf, but I do have one of her about 2 weeks before. It's not posed...I was just messing around with the camera while I was taking calf pictures. That's a longhorn (a gift from someone to my father-in-law..not our idea!) next to her. The Ali calf is out of her slightly prettier half sister.

IMG_1486.jpg
[/img]

Good looking. Did the white come from Power Plus? But all and all good looking animals

I can't say for sure since I never saw the mother of the older heifer, but I would think that he had something to do with it. They both have very similar markings. You can't see it in the picture, but the younger heifer has a lot more white on her other side.

KNERSIE, here is a picture of the black heifer's heifer calf out of our angus cleanup bull.

IMG_1567.jpg

Latest posts