Field Navigator App - How to use it.

Help Support CattleToday:

CFPINZ:
Ref #19.
If you still need some help on this here it is. I have a Samsung Tab7 tablet and Garmin Glo 2 antenna. I turn on the tablet, open the Field Nav app and go to settings in the app. Scroll down to GPS and click it. That opens the tab to External Blue Tooth devices. Turn on your Garmin Glo2 and make it discoverable (blinking blue led). In the Field Nav app GPS settings tab click the blue tooth symbol at the top of that menu tab. Your Garmin Glo2 should show up so then select it as your GPS device for navigation. Once you have paired with the Garmin Glo2, it should show you info on the antenna performance i.e. receiver, satellites received, hdop, quality, etc. You will have to reconnect to the Garmin Glo 2 antenna each time you start to use the Field Nav app by going into the Settings/GPS Receiver tab at each startup session. You should not have to re-pair with the GArmin antenna but will have to select your external antenna each time you start the Field Nav app. I hope this helps. If this doesn't work you may have to go to your Settings in your device (phone, tablet, etc.) and select the Blue Tooth ON and pair there with your antenna. Happy spraying!
Thank you!

I was able to get it to work using the GPS Connector deal, but will give it a try this way the next time I use it to see.

Thanks again.

So I bought one of the Garmin Glo2 Bluetooth deals, and downloaded Field Navigator and GPS Connector by PilaBlue on a Samsung Tab E tablet, my phone is pretty well shot and doesn't have enough room to add apps anymore. I think I have all of the settings in the GPS app correct, and it connects with the Garmin. But when I get to the GPS receiver setting in the Field Navigator app, it shows the Garmin but will not connect to it. I've emailed the Field Navigator contact us button but haven't heard back yet.

Any suggestions?
Did you ever hear anything back from Field Navigator? Im able to connect but when I try to navigate it keeps flashing "The GPS signal has been lost...". Hopefully they will help me as I already paid for the full app.

Did you ever hear anything back from Field Navigator? Im able to connect but when I try to navigate it keeps flashing "The GPS signal has been lost...". Hopefully they will help me as I already paid for the full app.
Yes, I did hear back from them within a day or so.

I can't remember the solution to my problem, but it wasn't a big deal. I want to say it was related to the fact the Garmin was communicating with the tablet indirectly through the GPS Connector app, but I'm not 100% certain on that. It's a little cumbersome for folks like me that don't understand computer/phone operating systems and lingo.

Once you get the little details ironed out, it works pretty well, though. Best of luck!

Latest posts