Fence

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Husband built this fence with salvaged pipe and cable. He smoothed the ground out so I could easily mow it. I've been painting it. Sometimes it seems I the fence keeps getting longer. I now have half finished and the other has mostly two coats of black, I'll get it finished tomorrow. Not including labor, materials for this was under 1000, including paint.
1711752626814.jpeg

Note the new cable box. Never in my dreams did I ever think cable would ever make it out here. Hate the crap box…

I am really happy for hard working people that are successful, really. I enjoy reading about how they did it. I've been trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear my entire life.
Instead of only pointing to your successes, will you kindly include your sacrifices to achieve your goals. I'd like to learn something here.

Husband built this fence with salvaged pipe and cable. He smoothed the ground out so I could easily mow it. I've been painting it. Sometimes it seems I the fence keeps getting longer. I now have half finished and the other has mostly two coats of black, I'll get it finished tomorrow. Not including labor, materials for this was under 1000, including paint.
View attachment 42920
Are you using a brush?

I am really happy for hard working people that are successful, really. I enjoy reading about how they did it. I've been trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear my entire life.
Instead of only pointing to your successes, will you kindly include your sacrifices to achieve your goals. I'd like to learn something here.
So if you zoom in on the cable, my husband made the, what I named turn knuckle. Turn buckles we're going to cost 50 bucks each and we needed 4. . So he invented these . The cable ties were like 3 bucks each. He used some big galvanized bolts he scavenged from an old race track back in the 70s. We've been dragging this can of bolts around forever lol

Ever use a painters mitt?
I have but instead bought tiling sponges, I then cut them into 3ds. They are very strong and I don't have to protect them from drying. I can just chunk the sponge or drop it into the paint can.

We use brown jersey gloves over rubber gloves to paint fence. They used to be a dollar a pair....probably $3 now

It's done. Not the gate, we may change it, but for now it's done. I use the sponges, less than 3 bucks.. I had been cutting them into thirds, but found they work as good in fourths. And, when done you can either hold it with the glove and pull glove off inside out containing the sponge where you can use it the next day. Frugal is my middle name.

1711827850560.jpeg

Painter's mits are around $4
You aren't going to get a win here. 😉😄

When I was in school still cleaned up a big set of pipe pens. There was 4 of us on it 5 days a week for quite a few weeks. We buffed it will wire wheels, then ospoed it, and painted it with the mits, a little section at a time.

We though it was a great gig but it was soooo boring. It did pay good though and we made some memories. After that... I never wanted to paint again. I retired my painting mittens at the ripe age of 15.🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts