Favorite quotes

Help Support CattleToday:

When I was young there was one here shot with a 38 and had a 32 in his lap. Suicide. He was messing with another guys wife so I guess that was the difference.
That'll darn sure do it. A buddy of mine died in April from a gunshot wound to the face. Police were very fast to rule it a sucide, but nobody believes it.

I know of some trouble near here in the 70's and 4 people came up missing. A few years ago a very rough guy that had a surface mine back then told some people that they weren't missing, he knew exactly where they were buried on the mine site. Several stolen vehicles were buried on that same mine site.

I know of some trouble near here in the 70's and 4 people came up missing. A few years ago a very rough guy that had a surface mine back then told some people that they weren't missing, he knew exactly where they were buried on the mine site. Several stolen vehicles were buried on that same mine site.
Yeah... knew some folks like that up in the Appalachians. You don't cross them for sure.

Many young people can't understand how many things were just 50 years ago. The tools to investigate were not there and much was covered up and never investigated anyway.
If they only knew, Trinity county was a rough place back in the day.
I see. Well, darn, I was going to ask if the hog hunting is any good in the national forest down there.
I would imagine it's good as many as the deer hunters shoot.
It's good in Angelina National Forrest for sure.
We routinely watch the hogs fishing on Rayburn.

In all human affairs there are efforts and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.

You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration.

(Both quotes from James Allen)

A nickel holding up a dollar

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.

I'm dumb, but I can lift heavy things.

He apparently never did much manual labor.
I think he was a lawyer in addition to being an "activist" so probably not. In India if you're born into a higher caste the only way you'd have to do manual labor is if your family made you do it for character building (I have a buddy from a wealthy Indian family and they made him work so he wouldn't be lazy).

Latest posts