Equine physical therapy

Help Support CattleToday:

AQHA66

Reaction score
I have a 1-yr. old Quarter Horse filly with a contracted tendon on her right front due to an injury to the sole of the hoof. She has developed a club foot as a result and she rarely bears much weight on that right foot. Thus, the left hoof is wider and flatter than it should be because of the extra weight burden and she stands on the toe of her right foot most of the time.

We are currently working with a farrier to keep the right heel trimmed off because it grows out so rapidly but he does not know what to do to change the initial problem...the tendon.

Any recommendations as to what can be done to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

AQHA66

Contact a "board certified" equine Veterinarian, ask them the same question.

Alan

Linda":1qs9zahy said:
Do keep in touch with a good equine veterinarian, but you can also visit and ask questions on the Rural Heritage site.

http://www.ruralheritage.com/messageboard/villagesmithy/index1.htm

Thanks. I checked out that site but it specifically said ?'s about draft horses. I am going to ask them anyway though. I have talked w/our vet before, when the injury occurred. He didn't have a lot of advice back then except to encourage her to use the foot. I'll certainly check w/him and another vet we know in the area again. Thanks. AQHA66

Latest posts