Empty nest syndrome

Help Support CattleToday:

CB, I think I'm ready for some grandkids but am afraid they are at least two years out yet. Oldest son is engaged but they don't intend to tie the knot for another year. My best man in my wedding just had another child. He's my age and it WAS planned. I'll take grandkids but no way would I start a family again at my age. I told him he was crazy. Of course I already knew that which is why he was my best man.

It's only about 18 weeks until Christmas.
She'll be home soon for the holidays :)

Our youngest is leaving on Aug 24 to major in Forensic Chemistry. The good thing is that she will only be 100 miles away instead of 600 like when she was in junior college.

Hang in there Jogeephus. The empty nest really hits home when they move away for good :(

Jogeephus":35kia5yg said:
CB, I think I'm ready for some grandkids but am afraid they are at least two years out yet. Oldest son is engaged but they don't intend to tie the knot for another year. My best man in my wedding just had another child. He's my age and it WAS planned. I'll take grandkids but no way would I start a family again at my age. I told him he was crazy. Of course I already knew that which is why he was my best man.

Grandkids are a blast trust me.
They are costly as I know each one has cost me a good new Browning so far along
with a few Model 94's in Winchester and Marlin I am passing down.
Grandmothers can spend a small fortune on them.
Oldest grandson is starting college this year has already called a couple times trying to figure
when we can go hunting.
Never forget the poetic justice as well, one of the middle grand daughters got that prom dress this year and the SIL wasn't happy.
He got that blank look when I asked if he liked that prom dress on his daughter as much as the one on my daughter.
He didn't find that near as amusing as I did.

chippie":26d3zc7j said:
It's only about 18 weeks until Christmas.
She'll be home soon for the holidays :)

Our youngest is leaving on Aug 24 to major in Forensic Chemistry. (

Forensic Chemistry! I had to google that one. Sounds interesting. The Bug loves chemistry. I'll have to mention this to her. She probably already knows about it though. Strange how one day you realize your kids are getting smarter than you. Speaking for myself anyway. :oops:

Jo, if I had know how much fun grand kids were we would have had them first. Then they turn into teenagers. Oh, well. Wife and I had to pull off the road to cry on our way back from installing Son in A&M. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks but one door closed and another one opened. At the end of his first semester we got a note from him saying "No mon, no fun, your Son". We wrote back "Too bad, so sad, your Dad".

lavacarancher":1rtqmhry said:
Jo, if I had know how much fun grand kids were we would have had them first. Then they turn into teenagers. Oh, well. Wife and I had to pull off the road to cry on our way back from installing Son in A&M. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks but one door closed and another one opened. At the end of his first semester we got a note from him saying "No mon, no fun, your Son". We wrote back "Too bad, so sad, your Dad".

I remember lst semester my folks dumped me out in Aggieland with nothing but a footlocker a suitcase and little more and drove off. I felt like I had been totally abandoned. Luckily some upperclassmen came along and made me feel right at home (or at least gave me a small dose of what to expect everyday from then on) :lol: :lol:

Latest posts