EDIT

Help Support CattleToday:

Gotta love my spellcheck :p Some people edit their post after comments are made and when you read the post it don't make sense. Does that make sense because I can't edit this again :lol:

farmwriter":53ff7t1o said:
Same here. I also can't edit a topic anymore once it's been commented on. :(
mine wont even without a comment now, where it use to ........... i cant even edit my thinly veiled racism :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":fk5tcb0z said:
farmwriter":fk5tcb0z said:
Same here. I also can't edit a topic anymore once it's been commented on. :(
mine wont even without a comment now, where it use to ........... i cant even edit my thinly vailed racism :cowboy:
I see your sarcasm is working just fine though! :lol2:

ALACOWMAN":39foesld said:
ga.prime":39foesld said:
I think it's 10 minutes with mine.
well looks like yours got better than it was 20 minutes ago
:D I sent admin a question about this edit/delete option about a month ago and he/she (mod) said 10 minutes whether commented on or not was the limit. I went back and looked it up after I posted "5 minutes" earlier in this thread.

If I remember correctly Macon changed it to 15 minutes a couple of days ago. But lately for me "memory" and "correctly" is an oxymoron

Resurrecting a long dead thread because I just saw a misspelled word and was timed out from being able to edit it. As an author, it disturbs me deeply. LOL...

I go to a couple of other forums, one using the same format, and neither of them have a time limit on edits. So my question is... why is there a time limit at all?

@Marie (sorry, I don't know any of the other site mods or I would ask them too)

I've never had trouble editing a post here at CT(a) hours after porting..
(This is a test..posted at #:25pm Central time)

Here's the edit. The above was intentionally posted here at CT with misspelled words at 3:25Pm Central time earlier today. It is now 11:31 PM, (about 8 hours later.. )

(the original post time that is noted to the right and above the post is incorrect. I do not know why)

Last edited:
One of my least favorite things about the forum . I can proofread my posts and then go back and spot a blunder. From an old school teacher I hate grammar and spelling mistakes. Especially my own ! Believe it or not I taught English a few years of my 30 year tenure.

Resurrecting a long dead thread because I just saw a misspelled word and was timed out from being able to edit it. As an author, it disturbs me deeply. LOL...

I go to a couple of other forums, one using the same format, and neither of them have a time limit on edits. So my question is... why is there a time limit at all?

@Marie (sorry, I don't know any of the other site mods or I would ask them too)
Cuts deep, don't it? Wish I had a dollar for every mistake I've made. I'd probably be too rich to mingle with you slobs.

Latest posts