Driving a steel post

Help Support CattleToday:

That has been floating around on the internet for a month now. I have seen it too many times. It was kind of funny the first time. Now it is just sad.

Ya' know, I've looked at this post a couple times now. The first time I saw what everyone is seeing; it makes you shake our head.
The second time I watched it was different. Here is a young person who is willing to WORK. He is either someone's relative helping out or someone actually willing to get a job.
Most of us in the livestock would are very set in our ways. If someone doesn't know or gets the same end result,but in a different way than we would have done; then they must not know anything.
You got to remember most of us have probably watched someone drive steel posts since before we could pick up a driver.
I seen it first hand never underestimate what someone doesn't know. I walked in to our shop one day to watch a young guy sitting on the floor trying to full a grease gun with a plastic spoon. He saw me and said "Someone needs to come up with a better way to fill these". There was grease everywhere.
If you don't know you don't know! Someone should have asked or showed this young person how to drive a post first.

SBMF 2015 said:
Ya' know, I've looked at this post a couple times now. The first time I saw what everyone is seeing; it makes you shake our head.
The second time I watched it was different. Here is a young person who is willing to WORK. He is either someone's relative helping out or someone actually willing to get a job.
Most of us in the livestock would are very set in our ways. If someone doesn't know or gets the same end result,but in a different way than we would have done; then they must not know anything.
You got to remember most of us have probably watched someone drive steel posts since before we could pick up a driver.
I seen it first hand never underestimate what someone doesn't know. I walked in to our shop one day to watch a young guy sitting on the floor trying to full a grease gun with a plastic spoon. He saw me and said "Someone needs to come up with a better way to fill these". There was grease everywhere.
If you don't know you don't know! Someone should have asked or showed this young person how to drive a post first.

Your right. At first I figured that's gotta be a deer hunter trying to keep cows of his food plot. But looking again he's not wearing a guilie suit and face paint.

SBMF 2015 said:
Thanks for the reminder.I,too,thought it was funny.But, your point is valid ,and that's what we should do first.

SBMF 2015 said:

That is true. We know what we know. That guy might be able to run a successful business or save my life in an accident for all I know, he's just not up on using a post driver, probably because that's not part of his usual things to do.
We do live in culture where everybody likes to show off how smart they are and laugh at those who come short of their skills, but we know what we know.

Latest posts