Double trouble!

Help Support CattleToday:

Fres

Fresh water clams?
It's a watershed lake, so it collects the runoff from everything (creeks, ponds, springs, heavy rain) north of us. 60 acres, 155 million gallons normal capacity, fully stocked. Probably only a matter of time before they come trotting up to the house with a dang fish or turtle!

Had a little scare yesterday. Took the heathens in for their rabies and Lepto booster. Couple hours later, Festus started itching/scratching like crazy and his face was getting swollen. Called the vet and gave him a couple Benadryl. Kept getting worse, so took him back in. By this time, his face looked like a Shar pai and he was crying. Not a full anaphylactic reaction, his breathing was fine, but scared the bejeezus out of me. Vet gave him Dex (IV) and he was noticeably better within 30 minutes. Have no idea why he had such a reaction this time, but it's noted in his records for next year.

Actually, I should start referring to them as savages. Nuthin' like prying out a rats azz from Festus' mouth and Dillon harked up the head. :sick::sick: Presumably, it was a kill from one of the barn cats. Hopefully.

They'll never grow up!

Old saying, applies to boys and dogs.

1- pretty good boy or dog

2- half a boy or dog

3 or more- no boy or dog at all
2 dogs will play. 3 will fight. Been there and got bit trying to break up their last fight. (it was always the same one that started it. All 3 from same littler, identical black labs. Red, Blue, and Black were their names and Red just never did get with the program.)

Had a little scare yesterday. Took the heathens in for their rabies and Lepto booster. Couple hours later, Festus started itching/scratching like crazy and his face was getting swollen. Called the vet and gave him a couple Benadryl. Kept getting worse, so took him back in. By this time, his face looked like a Shar pai and he was crying. Not a full anaphylactic reaction, his breathing was fine, but scared the bejeezus out of me. Vet gave him Dex (IV) and he was noticeably better within 30 minutes. Have no idea why he had such a reaction this time, but it's noted in his records for next year.

Actually, I should start referring to them as savages. Nuthin' like prying out a rats azz from Festus' mouth and Dillon harked up the head. :sick::sick: Presumably, it was a kill from one of the barn cats. Hopefully.

We have a Shepard Husky mix and reacted to her rabies shot also. She started convulsions and loss off muscle function. After a min or two she wet her fur multiple times while laying down shaking for about 30 minutes. . Told the vet and they wanted to try again. No thanks.
Didn't return for shots, but boarding. A few months later, we needed leave town for a few days. Any way.... picked her up and she did the same thing that night. Went back the next day and the vet said she didn't get anything but food and water.
I think I won't go back!

We have a Shepard Husky mix and reacted to her rabies shot also. She started convulsions and loss off muscle function. After a min or two she wet her fur multiple times while laying down shaking for about 30 minutes. . Told the vet and they wanted to try again. No thanks.
Didn't return for shots, but boarding. A few months later, we needed leave town for a few days. Any way.... picked her up and she did the same thing that night. Went back the next day and the vet said she didn't get anything but food and water.
I think I won't go back!
Wow, that's scary! Did they have a possible explanation as to why she did it the 2nd time with no shots? Friends of ours in TX had a Shepard that started having convulsions and discovered she had epilepsy. Heart wrenching.

2 dogs will play. 3 will fight. Been there and got bit trying to break up their last fight. (it was always the same one that started it. All 3 from same littler, identical black labs. Red, Blue, and Black were their names and Red just never did get with the program.)
Ouch! When we had all 3 Labs, they were spread out in age, so no fighting.

Wow, that's scary! Did they have a possible explanation as to why she did it the 2nd time with no shots? Friends of ours in TX had a Shepard that started having convulsions and discovered she had epilepsy. Heart wrenching.

Vet looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about another vax administered without consent during her stay there. Saw the nurse about town the other day and she said they have to give a kennel cough shot to stay there. Not saying that was it, but it looks like a duck!

Only 2 times. Both after the vet.... ironic!

This week in review: Rolled in putrid carcass = subsequent bath. Gutted a dog bed. Festus unrolled almost an entire toll of toilet paper and proceeded to run with it around the house. No pics of that because I was trying to salvage what was left of the roll (still a little traumatized by the epic 2020 TP shortage). Dillon ate Mr. TC's cigarette butts but evidently didn't suffer any ill effects. Found a fawns leg, possibly from the aforementioned carcass. Wrenching it from his mouth and the impromptu game of tug-o-war was nasssssssty! And Festus capped it off by chewing/destroying one of Mr. TC's hearing aids. Yikes!!! There goes a couple grand. At least he couldn't hear my ensuing profanities. But they're so stinking cute, how can I stay mad?:love:IMG_20230921_195032011.jpgIMG_20230922_181359113.jpg

This week in review: Rolled in putrid carcass = subsequent bath. Gutted a dog bed. Festus unrolled almost an entire toll of toilet paper and proceeded to run with it around the house. No pics of that because I was trying to salvage what was left of the roll (still a little traumatized by the epic 2020 TP shortage). Dillon ate Mr. TC's cigarette butts but evidently didn't suffer any ill effects. Found a fawns leg, possibly from the aforementioned carcass. Wrenching it from his mouth and the impromptu game of tug-o-war was nasssssssty! And Festus capped it off by chewing/destroying one of Mr. TC's hearing aids. Yikes!!! There goes a couple grand. At least he couldn't hear my ensuing profanities. But they're so stinking cute, how can I stay mad?:love:View attachment 35278View attachment 35279
Yup... glad we've never replaced our last dog.

This week in review: Rolled in putrid carcass = subsequent bath. Gutted a dog bed. Festus unrolled almost an entire toll of toilet paper and proceeded to run with it around the house. No pics of that because I was trying to salvage what was left of the roll (still a little traumatized by the epic 2020 TP shortage). Dillon ate Mr. TC's cigarette butts but evidently didn't suffer any ill effects. Found a fawns leg, possibly from the aforementioned carcass. Wrenching it from his mouth and the impromptu game of tug-o-war was nasssssssty! And Festus capped it off by chewing/destroying one of Mr. TC's hearing aids. Yikes!!! There goes a couple grand. At least he couldn't hear my ensuing profanities. But they're so stinking cute, how can I stay mad?:love:View attachment 35278View attachment 35279
I'd have killed them.... holy cow.... I do not have the patience to deal with all that...

"Vet looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about another vax administered without consent during her stay there. Saw the nurse about town the other day and she said they have to give a kennel cough shot to stay there. "

4Hfarms, kennel cough shots take a week to be effective in unvaccinated dogs. Why would your dog need a shot to be boarded?

When Inga was a puppy we always put her in her kennel cage when we were gone. It was covered so was like a dark lair. Also it taught her not to have separation anxiety and there was no chance of household destruction.

Our lab Bailey wasn't too bad. She would tear up cardboard and toilet paper. She did have something against my wife's flip flops for some reason also.

I had a very expensive pair of leather shoes sitting by the door once but Bailey tore up the $1 Old Navy flip flops beside them. My wife had a bunch of those and she had to put them up Lol.

If you left anything on the edge of the counter, especially a loaf of bread, she would pull it down and devour it.

I smoked a bunch of salmon one time and had it on a paper towel and walk into another room for a minute and when I came back in I saw a paper towel on the floor. I thought, "what's that from?" Then I realized that actually used to have smoked salmon on it but there was no more salmon. Worst part was I didn't get any at all and I had planned on sharing with her. Lol.

I'd do it all over again and I don't even want to think about what it's going to be like around here when she's gone…

Latest posts