Dont hold your sneezes

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

About 2 weeks ago i sneezed hard. Didnt hold it back but it was a doozy. Right after that my throat hurt in a way like ive never felt. Right behind my adams apple. Everytime i would swallow, cough or yawn. And it lasted for for about an hour. At the same time my voice got hoarse.
Over the next few days i would yawn or sneeze or whatever and the pain came right back.
Latly the pain has lasted all day.
So, come to find out i tore some cartilage the holds the esophagus steady and in place. Im not supposed to talk too much for the next week and if it doesnt get better they might have to put a "patch" in place.
Main cause for this type of injury is a hard punch to the throat or holding a sneeze back. Punch in the throat i would understand better but my wife been pretty good to me since i quit smoking. ;-)
Aint life grand.

hooknline":1ryups2n said:
Im nit supposed to talk too much for the next week

Somehow, even though I don't know you, I imagine this might be difficult. :lol: I used to be able to hold back sneezes until I had my tonsils out at age 16, then no more. :?:

Stay quiet, don't talk, cook and take photos for us :nod: and rest up. Whatever that patch thing is, it sounds unpleasant! Feel better Hook!

Gale I got in trouble in kindygarten for talking too much and too loud. Even when i whispered. Guess my voice carries. Hardest parts gonna be not yellin at the kids like im good at.

hooknline":nr7i8hfk said:
Gale I got in trouble in kindygarten for talking too much and too loud. Even when i whispered. Guess my voice carries. Hardest parts gonna be not yellin at the kids like im good at.
Don't hold those sneezes Hook...someday one will "backfire" and you'll blow your ass off and then you'll have a permanent "patch". :lol2:

i kearned a long time ago that you dont try to hold sneezes or block caughs,because they will pull an jamm your whole body.so i let them roll.

TexasBred":2ziunbd4 said:
hooknline":2ziunbd4 said:
Don't hold those sneezes Hook...someday one will "backfire" and you'll blow your ass off and then you'll have a permanent "patch". :lol2:

:shock: :lol: :lol2:

Feel better soon Hook and take care of your throat. I am betting your kids are walking around with a cheshire grin on their faces about now knowing you can't raise your voice .. :cowboy:

hillsdown":17a5gk9q said:
TexasBred":17a5gk9q said:
hooknline":17a5gk9q said:

:shock: :lol: :lol2:

Feel better soon Hook and take care of your throat. I am betting your kids are walking around with a cheshire grin on their faces about now knowing you can't raise your voice .. :cowboy:

HD, if you got as big a laugh as I did from Texas Bred's comment, I'll bet you're still chuckling. I am!

It did. Thanks.i still have to be careful when I sneeze because if it's a good one I feel a small twinge still or a day or so

I had the same thing happen. Mine actually bled for about half an hour. Mine healed on its own. It scares me everytime I sneeze.

I lost my voice once from clearing my throat, really a light cough. I still had my "inside" voice but when I tried to raise my voice nothing would come out. No pain involved and it lasted for several weeks.

It just healed on its own. Took about a total of 3 weeks. 2 of thise weeks my voice was strained sounding and I had to be careful.

Latest posts