Don't forget to fall back tonight.

Help Support CattleToday:

Unless you live Arizona, Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, The Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. I hate it every year as I am all time fighting darkness to get anything done.

This is for US residents.
You do know that the sun actually still sets at the same time no matter what your clock says.

It doesn't matter to me what time the clock says. When it gets day light out I go feed the calves. When it gets dark out I come into the house. I am at the very eastern edge of the Pacific time zone. That messes with me more than daylight saving time. Go east about 25 miles and lose an hour. I have been an hour late to things that direction more than once.

I will be glad to get back to REAL time... just leave it there... get up earlier when it gets light to get things done... and get in the house and get a decent amount of time to eat and rest a bit instead of going full blast to 9-10 at night. I HATE DST.

I hate standard time. It would get light at 4:00 a.m. in the summer here on standard time. Moving to standard time in winter it gets dark at 4:30 p.m. That's just depressing. I do chores with a headlamp a lot in the winter.

I still wake at the same time. Clock just reads different.
Same Sunday morning routine here; grab a sleeve of crackers, a can of Spam, load the dog and go to the hill to watch the stars.
This morning it's the moonset, listening to the dogs run a rabbit.

I still wake at the same time. Clock just reads different.
Same Sunday morning routine here; grab a sleeve of crackers, a can of Spam, load the dog and go to the hill to watch the stars.
This morning it's the moonset, listening to the dogs run a rabbit.
I used to think all the good stuff happened late at night after the old people had gone to bed.
One day I finally realized the best stuff happens very early in the morning before all the idiots wake.

Early morning is my favorite time of day. It's quiet, peaceful, and I have an opportunity to think without interruption. I plan my day so I can be as efficient as possible. I also consider what I screwed up yesterday, how I can remedy that, and add to my growing list of "don't do that, Stupid!"

Latest posts