does...

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Extended exposure in temps of 95-102, make anyone elses mind a tad fuzzy? or is it just me? :cboy:

GMN":1vd7xknr said:
Extended exposure in temps of 95-102, make anyone elses mind a tad fuzzy? or is it just me? :cboy:
It's not the heat it's the humidity along with the temps. I ussd to work outside in 110 with no problems (until I had heat stroke once). Around here if it's in the high 90s I'm about done for

GMN":fiwpnl6s said:

No I'm sure it's not just you. Personally I just try to avoid it if at all possible. Start early and quit early.

Gatorade is great when your out in the heat all day. I still need to drink water also. If I don't drink both I will start to get sick.

Walt

GMN":yi11gq4r said:

I'd welcome 95. It was 107 yesterday. 100 degrees at 8:30 at night. Thank goodness I wasn't repairing fence or something. It has cooled off to 103 today (so far). Its been above 100 every day for over a week and it looks like we have another week of it coming unless something comes along and moves the high pressure off of us.

backhoeboogie":2rnir9an said:
GMN":2rnir9an said:

I'd welcome 95. It was 107 yesterday. 100 degrees at 8:30 at night. Thank goodness I wasn't repairing fence or something. It has cooled off to 103 today (so far). Its been above 100 every day for over a week and it looks like we have another week of it coming unless something comes along and moves the high pressure off of us.
Here they're talking about down to the low 90s thrusday and friday then back to the high 90s and low 100s

TexasBred":cl9mh0kv said:
Start early and quit early.

I've been doing that of late. I've split the day in two halves. Will work till about 2 then go home and start again at 4'ish and work till dusk. But for all day work I think the key is starting early and staying away from the A/C. A/C will ruin you. If I go into a restaurant for lunch I'm ruined.

Jogeephus":b3m8gxur said:
TexasBred":b3m8gxur said:
Start early and quit early.

I've been doing that of late. I've split the day in two halves. Will work till about 2 then go home and start again at 4'ish and work till dusk. But for all day work I think the key is starting early and staying away from the A/C. A/C will ruin you. If I go into a restaurant for lunch I'm ruined.

It is my opinion that AC is ruining our country.
In tobacco, I hired a lot of kids. As AC became more common the ability of the kids declined. Even a good, ambitious, willing to work type kid can't stand the Georgia sunshine at 95. They just wilt.

I think too many kids today roll out of bed about 10'ish and they step outside and say its too hot cause of global warming. I didn't have the luxury of a/c till I was old enough to vote and I surely wasn't allowed to sleep all morning. I remember sleeping on the hard wood floors cause they were cool. Don't get me wrong, I love my air but if your gonna work outside in it you got acclimate yourself to it.

dun":256ea8zt said:
GMN":256ea8zt said:
It's not the heat it's the humidity along with the temps. I ussd to work outside in 110 with no problems (until I had heat stroke once). Around here if it's in the high 90s I'm about done for

I got heat stroke in Iraq. I have had trouble staying very long in the heat since. I start to get dizzy and see black spots floating around and a roaring in my ears. If I cool off for 30 miutes I am good to go for a good bit.

GMN":3evbyfkq said:
I'm going to say yes...the heat... can that be my excuse too! :pretty:
I think you can get used to a little warmer temperature, if we wean ourselves, got to, to keep the darn electric bill down :???:

Every year just when I get used to the heat, a cold front will come along and drop the temps into the seventies, then it makes me want to drag out the long johns.

Latest posts