diesel prices

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
called today and ordered diesel.going to have them fill our 90 gal tanks.the price will be $2.20 a gal.hope the price stays down.

bigbull338":1e3v2wr7 said:
called today and ordered diesel.going to have them fill our 90 gal tanks.the price will be $2.20 a gal.hope the price stays down.
90 gallon?? You need a much larger tank BB.

TexasBred":27ux7tjj said:
bigbull338":27ux7tjj said:

Those small tanks work pretty good. Load it in the back of your truck and take it to the pasture with you while you move from hay field to hay field. Mine are semi tanks. They hold 130 gallons each but I never fill them completely. The big tank doesn't get used much this time of the year. Each 130 gallon tank will fill the tractor 3 times. I use the tractor bucket to set them off into the field I am in.

we have 2 90 gal tanks.1 tank will fill all the tractors once with 10 gal extra.

backhoeboogie":8mkgtito said:
TexasBred":8mkgtito said:
bigbull338":8mkgtito said:

Those small tanks work pretty good. Load it in the back of your truck and take it to the pasture with you while you move from hay field to hay field. Mine are semi tanks. They hold 130 gallons each but I never fill them completely. The big tank doesn't get used much this time of the year. Each 130 gallon tank will fill the tractor 3 times. I use the tractor bucket to set them off into the field I am in.
You have to take them to town to get them filled or will the gas company come out and service them? I'm never over 3/4 mile from teh house when I'm on the back side so easy enough to just go back to the house and fill up from the big tank.

TexasBred":35lvghr3 said:
backhoeboogie":35lvghr3 said:
TexasBred":35lvghr3 said:

You have to take them to town to get them filled or will the gas company come out and service them? I'm never over 3/4 mile from teh house when I'm on the back side so easy enough to just go back to the house and fill up from the big tank.

I really don't have a straight answer for you. When they have come out, it is usually for multiple small tanks. That was mostly when I was quarrying stone with the backhoe and caterpillar. Out west of Tolar. 3 tanks = 300 gallons. I could take 390 but I was lifting the tanks with the bucket and using gravity fill. So I didn't like them completely full. Ground is not always level. I have the 12 volt pump system but it was a pain to transfer tank to tank and the gravity fill was just about as good.

The "farm" is 23 miles from the house and about 20 miles from the lease. A different scenario than 3/4 of a mile for me.

Usually I put an empty tank or two in the truck and fill it when I go thru town. If the big tank is empty and they come out, I will have them fill the small tanks then. Load them and take them.

I no longer own the Caterpillar. The big engine used a lot of fuel back when I was running it.

I don't remember ever having them come out for less than the 3 portable tanks but could be wrong. They may have come out for 2 at some point.

Saw a gas station sign this morning. Regular gas and highway diesel were the same price. Can't remember the last time I saw that.

TexasBred":37tvwc4q said:
Saw a gas station sign this morning. Regular gas and highway diesel were the same price. Can't remember the last time I saw that.
Here diesel is a penny less then regular

dun":1clduosp said:
TexasBred":1clduosp said:
I haven't been keeping up with it. Wonder what's going on? Use to be as much s $.80 a gallon more in this area.

dun":1tovk5ey said:
TexasBred":1tovk5ey said:

Diesel prices are way down in Europe as well as crude squeeze on Putin IMO.
Europe's economy is worse than ours. China's economy took a major downturn
as the same time just icing on the cake.

It costs 40 or 50 cents a a gallon here to have them come out and fill your tank. That's if you get 500 gallons. Last I got cost the extortionary price of $2.50/gallon with no road tax and no sales tax. At the same time highway diesel at the convenience store cost about $2.50/gallon.

ga.prime":3f5q91tb said:
It costs 40 or 50 cents a a gallon here to have them come out and fill your tank. That's if you get 500 gallons. Last I got cost the extortionary price of $2.50/gallon with no road tax and no sales tax. At the same time highway diesel at the convenience store cost about $2.50/gallon.
Haven't had my tank filled in a little while but I think it was over $2.60 last time...500 minimum but he 'll fill it if he knows it will hold 400+.

TexasBred":3eyu7x0f said:
I remember. It was late in 1999. We ordered our new 2000 F350 Diesel at least in part because diesel was always quite a bit cheaper than gas. By the time the new truck arrived, diesel had surpassed gas in price. It has never dropped below gas since that time.

It took us quite a while to get our new truck, because we special ordered it and the dealer ruined the first one. I followed my husband home from the dealer and when we arrived, I asked "Is it normal for a new diesel to spew black smoke?" We drove it back and someone from Ford drove it all around trying to figure out what was wrong. They called us the next day and asked "Who put fuel in that truck?" We said "You did". It had come with a full tank of fuel. My husband then said "It was gas wasn't it?" They tried to convince us to keep it saying they had cleaned it out and it should be fine, but we were not about to take the chance since it was brand new and it had not been our mistake. I'll bet someone got fired over that.

TexasBred":3dbi5fsi said:
ga.prime":3dbi5fsi said:
Haven't had my tank filled in a little while but I think it was over $2.60 last time...500 minimum but he 'll fill it if he knows it will hold 400+.

Same here. If your in that 400g range they will do it but it will be a few days when they are in the area.

I had one diesel and one gasoline tank. Now they are both diesel so when I call for 800-1000g they will make a trip just for it.

TexasBred":3la83xc3 said:
ga.prime":3la83xc3 said:

300 gallon is the minimum here.

Latest posts