Did you make it to ring in the New Year?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I made it to 11 but my eyes did night see 12. I know I stayed up until midnight on the entering of Y2K, that may have been the last time. I figured if I didn't wake up the morning of 1/1/12 the Mayan's were right.

I was awake for Australia and Japan! :lol2: :lol2:

We were alseep by 11:00 PM. :?

I remember when I was younger, couldn't wait to ring in the new year, would stay up all hours into the wee early morning. Not now. :lol2:

Just by accident! I went to bed at 11:30 then realized I had a load of underware in the washer :bang: . I didn't want to start the new year off going "commando" so I got up went down to the basement and put my stuff in the dryer. I had a hard time walking by filthy work jeans and vest so I loaded up the washer, got back to bed at 12:05.

Can't remember the last time I made it till midnight on New Years Eve... As soon as the Bama game was over last night, I was out!!

I make it every night until between one and two. It is usually close to 11:00 before I finish everything and sit down to watch the News. Watched the Orange Bowl and Cotton Bowl last night.
I try to be reading my Bible when the New Year comes in. Psalm 91.
Must start getting to bed earlier. I read, do Sudokus, and just started some art work that is supposed to help one cope with the stresses that drain your energy. I am enjoying it. Need to do some of this in the daytime, but I usually go nonstop all day with regular housework, cooking, and cows. I am taking it easy this afternoon until time to check cows.
It is cloudy, cold, and misting rain here in Middle GA. So it is a good time to stay in. Must get out soon or dark will catch us. Want to ride and see the river. It is very high and flooding the land not too far from town.

was up 'til about 2.30am watching some silly film on TV, madness, must go to bed earlier tonight as I have to be up quite early for me in the morning, as I am going to a show up town, London, with the daughters and granddaughters.

Left some friends house about 12:45. Hour drive home so got to bed bout 2. Dogs woke up and wanted out at 6. I got up and let them out then went back and slept till 8.

No, took my nightime meds and told wife to wake me at midnight--I vaguely remember her waking me and kissing me with a "Happy new Year!"
Or maybe I dreamed it--either way, I didn't stay up till midnight.

I slept till 12:45 that's when the dogs started barking because my daughter finally made it home.

I was up for it.. then I went to a friends house and BS'd for a while, got home and into bed at 2.. up at 8, breakfast, feed cows, then hooked the trailer on and went to bring home some indian cows that were still out on the range... what a rodeo... a MEAN bunch of cows you couldn't turn your back on.. smashed up the corrals pretty good, 1 jumped out never to be seen again, I did get the other 9 into the truck.. about 6 miles of icy logging road to creep down.. I had put chains on the front of my truck and on the trailer too.. I didn't want to have to have any adventures.
I got the cows back home though, and they were grateful (the owners, not the cows).. they actually paid me more than I quoted them for the job. in 2 weeks I have to go up there again to load up a bunch and take them to the sale barn

Not me. We went to our son's in-laws but left about 10:30. I went to bed about 11:00. My wife woke me at 12:15 to tell me Happy New Year.

I was up for it but it didn;t register that it was new years. Midnight pee seemed much more important

dun":2qoca3ga said:
I was up for it but it didn;t register that it was new years. Midnight pee seemed much more important

:lol: :lol: I really do know the feeling.

I didn't make it. I guess I have crossed over somehow, or have started picking better running buddies.

A friend invited me down for a fish fry/game cook that evening. I drink a little beer, but my wife had went to Nashville area to secretary a roping for her brother, so I was bach'ing. So no built in DD. I took two beers with me and that was all. I came back at 0930 with the same two beers. :lol2: Out in my chair by 1000.

Latest posts