Dam tree...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Now I know that the trendy thing to do is to have more than one Christmas tree, beats the heck outa me why. I am about to lose my mind and start drinking over the one I am trying to put up... So I dragged the tree out of the garden shed yesterday. Start looking in the living room and Someone put a gun cabinet where it went last year. Steve thinks that of there is one square inch of carpet not covered in his Will Rogers Garage Sale stuff, he has hit the skids. Seriously, we are gonna be on that show Hoarders one of these days. So I have to find another place to put the tree. So I move everything around and make a hole. Trouble is, the hole isnt big enough for the tree I dragged out. So back I go to the shed to find the pencil tree.

Y'all know what that is, right. A real tall real skinny tree. So I find that. It is prelit so I don't have to worry about lights. Wrong. About the middle third of the tree is lit. Okay, I will just put more lights on it.

Now, remember, the fat tree is in the den at this point and I have decided to be all trendy and junk and have two trees. Te pencil tree has clear lights, the fat tree is gonna get multi colored ones. Aint I cute, or what?

I bought more lights. Multi colored ones... Okay, back to the store... Get the new clear lights and they have white cords. I can't use white cords, sticks out like a sore thumb. Now I am gonna see if any of the lights I have from previous years work but so far no luck.

So now I have two trees, one in pieces in the den, and one that is half lit standing in the living room. I am loathe to go out of this house again. Thre are no lights on the house yet and it is supposed to rain and get very very cold and windy.

Steve is gonna have to run an errand on his way home... Yeah, I know you can change the fuses but that isn't working. Big shock there.

There is some egg nog in the fridge. I am just gonna lay down in this mess and make box angels.

:lol:
With my wife its the first saturday after thanksgiving and the christmas mode hits her. Christmas music 24/7. Honey get the lights on the house, the decorations out of the attic. Me, im in no rush to do anything but relax the first weekend after thanksgiving.
I think ill start drinking the harder stuff every year this time.

Everything seems better after eggnog (don't forget the spiced rum) ..
eggnog.gif

Both tres are up. Both trees are lit. I found a string of clear chasers that I got to stop chasing for the final string. Now to clean up the mess I made before I start hanging balls.

Steve had to work Friday and Saturday. Retail never quits. Had to turn all the lights to see the plug and my carpet is grungy. Put that on my list.

I haven't even thought about putting the trees up yet bought a new one for the porch a few days ago, it came with a set of lights, a star and baubles, all in a bag. Not sure if I can get to the big tree for the lounge, but I have a few weeks yet to nag, to get one of the two of them to get it for me. My one hope this year is that the Cat doesn't decide to climb the thing again, and bat the baubles off. She has a few rolling around the floor from last year.
I don't envy you the cleanup, and putting away all the wrap the dec's are packed in. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

The wife is having a go at ours, too. She don't cuss, but I've heard a low mumble a few times. Now she's taken a break to get a manicure. I think I'll just stay in my office until she's back and done with it all.

Lammie seems like you are maybe putting up artificial trees.
Artificial trees are NOT real trees. That is sort of like saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.
Just not real!

Now that you are good and mad at me, go have some more egg nog. :drink: :drink:

(But you still love me, don't you.) ;-)

Wife will do our house this week. No outside lights here...just a tree and other decorations inside the house. My favorite time of the year.

Lammie":1chaquys said:
Now I know that the trendy thing to do is to have more than one Christmas tree, beats the heck outa me why. I am about to lose my mind and start drinking over the one I am trying to put up... So I dragged the tree out of the garden shed yesterday. Start looking in the living room and Someone put a gun cabinet where it went last year. Steve thinks that of there is one square inch of carpet not covered in his Will Rogers Garage Sale stuff, he has hit the skids. Seriously, we are gonna be on that show Hoarders one of these days. So I have to find another place to put the tree. So I move everything around and make a hole. Trouble is, the hole isnt big enough for the tree I dragged out. So back I go to the shed to find the pencil tree.

Y'all know what that is, right. A real tall real skinny tree. So I find that. It is prelit so I don't have to worry about lights. Wrong. About the middle third of the tree is lit. Okay, I will just put more lights on it.

Now, remember, the fat tree is in the den at this point and I have decided to be all trendy and junk and have two trees. Te pencil tree has clear lights, the fat tree is gonna get multi colored ones. Aint I cute, or what?

I bought more lights. Multi colored ones... Okay, back to the store... Get the new clear lights and they have white cords. I can't use white cords, sticks out like a sore thumb. Now I am gonna see if any of the lights I have from previous years work but so far no luck.

So now I have two trees, one in pieces in the den, and one that is half lit standing in the living room. I am loathe to go out of this house again. Thre are no lights on the house yet and it is supposed to rain and get very very cold and windy.

Steve is gonna have to run an errand on his way home... Yeah, I know you can change the fuses but that isn't working. Big shock there.

There is some egg nog in the fridge. I am just gonna lay down in this mess and make box angels.

Lammie, darlin', you have two Christmas trees in the storage shed :roll: Neither tree is really whole, it seems. But the problem is Steve's stuff?!!! De nile ain't just a river in Egypt.

Ryder":3r43tl8x said:
Lammie seems like you are maybe putting up artificial trees.
Artificial trees are NOT real trees. That is sort of like saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.
Just not real!

Now that you are good and mad at me, go have some more egg nog. :drink: :drink:

(But you still love me, don't you.) ;-)
Ryder your treading on thin ice there..... ;-)

I haven't heard mention of a tree yet. Hope it stays that way but our favorite radio station is playing Christmas music 24/7. :bang:

Okay. Got it all up. Santas out of storage. I collect Santas but I don't tell anymore because
I like to find just one or two a year. The ones that speak to me. I am gonna Steve have the honor of putting the boxes back in the attic.

John, yes, two trees. I actually have four. And I gave one away to use in the tuba room at the band hall. You never know when you I'll need one.

Ryder, I like real trees but I can't put one up as early as I do. Still :heart: ya. It is not possible for you to make me angry. Yet.

I have three kids and the tree goes up the week of TG every year. We are building a new house across the pasture from where we live now, that house will be ready to move in on the 20th of Dec. so I get to move, re-tree, re-decorate, then take all down two weeks later. :cry:

Isomade":2g7e13rt said:
I have three kids and the tree goes up the week of TG every year. We are building a new house across the pasture from where we live now, that house will be ready to move in on the 20th of Dec. so I get to move, re-tree, re-decorate, then take all down two weeks later. :cry:

violin.gif

:lol: :p

hooknline":3g3l4lpk said:
Cry me a river there big money. Lol
Oh, that reminds me, the new house DOESN'T have an indoor pool, or any pool for that matter. I hear only the wealthy have those. :lol:

Well i was the gc on the pool so that saved a bundle. Otherwise it wouldnt be there.
Its too cold in ok for a pool anyway

And as rodney dangerfield once said " im so broke i cant even adford to pay attention" :lol:

I have enjoyed my ghetto above ground pool for several years. I thought all you needed was a creek for cooling off in your part of the world, Iso. Worked in my day.

Latest posts