Crappie fishing

Help Support CattleToday:

Them some good lookin' vittles right there! Those aren't the first fish you ever fried. I like crappie and brim best as far as eating goes.
The Mrs. is a fine chef!
Speckled trout and crappie are the best eating fish.
Bass is only good for keeping cornmeal separated.
I will be on the lake in the morning chasing bass. Partner and I fish a few tournaments.
Mrs. say's bass fishing is golf in the lake.

Love bay fishing for the specks the drive just too rough anymore.

It seems a lot of fishermen are troling instead of fishing the trees. My friend said he trolls with 12-16 rods at the same time.
Never thought about that. If I would have known about that in high school we would have had a heck of a close-line, pvc lookin, outrigger, set up hanging off the flat bottom, at the lake.😆

I was fortunate growing up. We have a creek that runs through a family place. We would run up and down it like wild Indians in the summer when we were younger. We had perch traps and trot lines and drop lines from end to end. I had a 10' aluminum boat with a trolling motor for the bigger holes. We would drag a pile of friends down there and camp and have "fishing tournaments". We pulled some good bass that would be 16+" and catfish with heads the size of two fists. It was a good time.

I grew up on Lake Harding and 2 men in a boat could easily haul 200 a day in back in the 70's and 80's. Not sure if the fishing is still that good. The lake has a lot more houses than it used to and a lot more anglers.

It seems a lot of fishermen are troling instead of fishing the trees. My friend said he trolls with 12-16 rods at the same time.
I troll 4-8 rods at a time. If that don't work we jig trees and/or spider rig. Catch alot more if you're versatile rather than to stick to one method. If trolling is working you can usually be catching them with any method

I like to wait 'til they spawn in the creeks and kayak 'em.

Getting close.......

View attachment 26064
There starting to move up.
It's airish on the lake I was chasing bass yesterday and will be again tomorrow. It was 32 when we launched yesterday.
Got a few tournaments coming up.
069C056B-E17C-45D2-81B6-4495E22122EF.jpeg

Latest posts