Connealy Consensus 7229 on heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

I have not personally used him. Used several of his sons. His ced of 5 bw of 1.9 at over 90% accuracy, I wouldn't want him in my heifers. I would check out Connealy comrade. 7229 son

I have not personally used him. Used several of his sons. His ced of 5 bw of 1.9 at over 90% accuracy, I wouldn't want him in my heifers. I would check out Connealy comrade. 7229 son

Thanks for the advice!

Anyone have any experience with Connealy Concord?

I don't know how it will turn out, I bred 40 heifers to Concord in the fall, conventional semen

There are a lot of variables that makes recommending a bull a heifer bull. After all everyone calves heifers just a bit differently. Size, age, breed and environment all are different. Crossbred vs. straight bred can make big difference also. Fall calving vs. Spring calving is certainly a big variable.

I wouldn't necessarily use 7229 on first calvers because there are better options but it could be done if one deems it necessary.

Ned Jr.":1gf607zf said:
Thanks for the advice!

Anyone have any experience with Connealy Concord?
I have four Concord heifer calves out of registered Angus females -- 3 cows, 1 first-calf heifer -- that were born in March. We used the ST Genetics female sexed semen. They are only around 3 to 4 weeks old so hard to tell how they'll turn out, but I like what I see so far. Birth weights ranged from 70 to 84 pounds, no calving issues, and the calves were quite vigorous at birth and got up quickly and nursed quickly. I will probably use Concord again a little this year on a couple of first-time heifers.

We have about 30 heifers out of Mill Bar...a 7229 son. They are only about 3 months old but they are turning the crank...as are their brothers. There are alot of folks keeping heifers out of 7229 and his sons...for what that is worth.

Latest posts