Coneally: Favorite Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I have some comrade heifers. Super docile, but they definitely aren't the fastest growing calves. Otherwise I like them.

I have some Comrads that will be yearlings this fall. I agree they aren't the fastest growing, but I didn't expect them to be. The heifers really have to look to them that I like. Excited to see how they mature out.

Im a fan of both Capitalist and 7229, but both have rumblings of feet issues, from well respected breeders ….

torogmc81 said:
Im a fan of both Capitalist and 7229, but both have rumblings of feet issues, from well respected breeders ….

I think you got one of them correct. Capitalist 028 is a foot improver and has 141 progeny scores recorded.

torogmc81 said:

Do you mind telling who those breeders are? Pm me if you'd rather. I wouldn't mind reaching out to them with some questions.

We are solid rocks by Dublin Texas and have 50 plus retained females from Mill Bar and their feet are great. Not an issue one. They would score highly in the new EPD. Now, maybe that is from his momma but...

Connealy is just about the only big breeder that doesn't list their bulls on the website so I went through bull barns list which has the majority of them. One they don't have is confidence plus but I don't think you can get semen on him but I found a son at abs that isn't proven from wood hill Woodhill relevance. I'm going to look at him pretty hard next spring.

Has anyone seen the cool calves? I've seen a son at Hoover (sydgen sizzle) I'm not sure if he's my type.

We have new Cool Calves on the ground but i need to do parentage to figure out which is what. When we do that, i'll let you know.

Only used two Courage and Cool. I have to say the Courages have done what I have wanted them to do for the most part, alittle hit or miss on a couple of things but overall I would use him again. Here is a October heifer calf recently weaned.

jscunn said:
Only used two Courage and Cool. I have to say the Courages have done what I have wanted them to do for the most part, alittle hit or miss on a couple of things but overall I would use him again. Here is a October heifer calf recently weaned.

That is sure a nice heifer!

jscunn said:

She is beautiful. I like her a lot!

Fire and ICE mating, she is out of a 2 yr old that is too tall and too flat made for my liking. She is correct, docile, slick haired and pretty fronted but needed some muscle pattern and frame needed to downsize some. She obviously milked pretty well too.

Latest posts