Completely new to this

Help Support CattleToday:

Generally where about in Kentucky? Jeanne is giving some sound advice. My husband wouldn't let me have a dog. I've never had a dog.... 2 kids, 39 cows , 29 chickens, and a mini horse later 😁🤣😂🙌🏽😝 maybe should have let me have the stinking dog. Lmao 🤷🏽‍♀️👏🏾🤡

Chevy said:
Generally where about in Kentucky? Jeanne is giving some sound advice. My husband wouldn't let me have a dog. I've never had a dog.... 2 kids, 39 cows , 29 chickens, and a mini horse later 😁🤣😂🙌🏽😝 maybe should have let me have the stinking dog. Lmao 🤷🏽‍♀️👏🏾🤡

Eastern part

Good question that was presented earlier is why is only one heifer bred? I'd be concern if both heifers are the same age and both were exposed at same time and only one is bred. It may be that this one heifer could have an issue that will not allow her to get bred. I started with 4 bred heifers and have learned a lot over these years about cattle. Not an expert by no means and still have a lot to learn. Don't jump on the first offer you get. Raising cattle can be a positive and rewarding experience but it also has many, many challenges that haven't even be touched upon.

kilroy60 said:
Good question that was presented earlier is why is only one heifer bred? I'd be concern if both heifers are the same age and both were exposed at same time and only one is bred. It may be that this one heifer could have an issue that will not allow her to get bred. I started with 4 bred heifers and have learned a lot over these years about cattle. Not an expert by no means and still have a lot to learn. Don't jump on the first offer you get. Raising cattle can be a positive and rewarding experience but it also has many, many challenges that haven't even be touched upon.

So the cow is a two year old who is bred back. And then the calf she had in March of this year is the other cow.

Latest posts