Cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Too cold to snow here.
YTD record is -28F.
Wind bites.
There saying 10 here that's not the coldest I ever saw here .
Back in 83 saw 2, I don't remember how many days but we went over a week with below freezing temps. Galveston Bay started freezing over, we dip netted huge trout that got caught in shallow water.
Our normal winters are 30-40 with rain.
We're just not set up for real cold weather, we're geared for hot. Lord help you if you venture on the highway as we can't drive on snow and ice.

Low of -20 here for the weekend, if the wind keeps up like it has been it will be -30 to -40 with wind chill.

minus 19 here on Saturday night and minus 21 for Sunday night. Has been below zero here at night for several days now and next projected night above zero is Wednesday. have two cows due to calf in that time frame.

Least the water is still runnin....

I cant even imagine. This is miserable for us who ain't used to it. Lol

Fortunately I dont have any cows close to calving. At least as of last night.

-25 without windchill here this morning at 6 am. Add in the seemingly constant breeze, and we are COLD. It's been a week now for us with high temps at 10 degrees or less. Knock on wood, our auto waterers are holding tough, stock is healthy and the dogs only need a heater in the barn office at night to keep the frost at bay. They are forecasting us to get into double digits above zero sometime late next week.

Least the water is still runnin....

I cant even imagine. This is miserable for us who ain't used to it. Lol

Fortunately I dont have any cows close to calving. At least as of last night.
I'm green with envy, frostless hydrant froze up and I have a heifer looking very close.

What do you people expect? The ground hog didn't see his shadow. It is winter and we have another 4 1/2 weeks to go. Not very cold here. It is about next Tuesday before it gets above freezing but the forecast low is only into the teens. Some snow every day from now to Tuesday. 78 cows in my pasture that could calf at anytime.......

Latest posts