Close the door Nesi!

Help Support CattleToday:

Well that's a good way to keep the riff raff out.

I have a couple curious questions;
1) Can you crank and start an internal combustion piston engine at that temperature?
2) Can you whip it out past your zipper to pee? If so, what is the risk of getting it back in without breaking it off?

Well that's a good way to keep the riff raff out.

I have a couple curious questions;
1) Can you crank and start an internal combustion piston engine at that temperature?
2) Can you whip it out past your zipper to pee? If so, what is the risk of getting it back in without breaking it off?
Why don't you take a little trip up there and find out. We await your report.

Why don't you take a little trip up there and find out. We await your report.
That's a long way to go pee. I'd rather sit here in the warm awaiting an answer. Besides, I wouldn't be an eligible candidate for the experiment; I can barely get mine past the zipper in summertime. Figure I'll be doing the Carhartt shuffle many times the next few days.

Sat a bale of hay out this morning. Before I could get a ring around it. After taking the netwrap off. A good 1/5 or 1/4 of the bale blew away in the wind. Short grass in the bales sure doesn't hold together well.

Unrolling right now would be pointless.

I expect this hay shed to take flight today. The wind a couple days ago wrecked it. Tore the metal where it attached to the foundation. It's bouncing around like crazy right now.

Attachments

• 20240109_151924.jpg
    20240109_151924.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 21
Sat a bale of hay out this morning. Before I could get a ring around it. After taking the netwrap off. A good 1/5 or 1/4 of the bale blew away in the wind. Short grass in the bales sure doesn't hold together well.

Unrolling right now would be pointless.

I expect this hay shed to take flight today. The wind a couple days ago wrecked it. Tore the metal where it attached to the foundation. It's bouncing around like crazy right now.
Never saw a quonset building blow down. Thought they were fairly aerodynamic. I cut the bottom net wrap about a foot from the end and pull the wrap up so it is freed up and then set it on end, then put bale ring over and then pull the net wrap.

That's a long way to go pee. I'd rather sit here in the warm awaiting an answer. Besides, I wouldn't be an eligible candidate for the experiment; I can barely get mine past the zipper in summertime. Figure I'll be doing the Carhartt shuffle many times the next few days.
You don't pee in that weather. Lose too much body heat.

-43C makes your face hurt. Frostbite in less than 10 minutes. Everything you do takes forethought and planning. If your tractor with the engine heater will start and if you used enough additive to keep the diesel from gelling the hydraulic fluid is so thick the pump whines and nothing moves much until it runs for awhile.

I have gotten very spoiled this winter. This will be our first excursion below -18C and we may have to plow for the first time. Not a normal winter! I have little to complain about. @Silver and those of his latitude are a whole different level.

When it gets back up to -5C it's sweatshirt weather!

In areas with extreme cold temps, what are you all doing for water sources for livestock?

Latest posts