Cleaned up a few heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

All 3 of yours looks good, but your PB is kick butt good. Long, stylish. When is she due?
Have you & brother mixed the two breeds? They work well together for clubbies. Simm will give them the milk they need and better feet & legs. But, the Maines sure give you HAIR. (I know, I know, you can't eat hair, but it sure is fun to play with!!)

Jeanne - Simme Valley":jx3q1wfq said:
All 3 of yours looks good, but your PB is kick butt good. Long, stylish. When is she due?
Have you & brother mixed the two breeds? They work well together for clubbies. Simm will give them the milk they need and better feet & legs. But, the Maines sure give you HAIR. (I know, I know, you can't eat hair, but it sure is fun to play with!!)
Thanks!! She is due sometime in March but I can't remember exactly. My senior year I had champion Simmental steer out of a Maine cow I had. We had a couple I-80's out of a domination cow... super deep sound and hairy, poor numbered to sell in the Simmental PB herds though.

bird dog":3l9np46c said:
I like the long carcass on this one.

Frankes Stylin 1/2 out of Silveiras Style Bred to Ironhide

Should be a great moma cow.
Yeah she should be. Both bred heifers are out of AJE/RCC Lizzy's Pearl

They look really good. But I have to ask as apparently I live in a bubble, have they now turned Maine Anjou cattle black as well? :bang: :bang: :bang: :hide:

Silver":5ocze8dg said:
They look really good. But I have to ask as apparently I live in a bubble, have they now turned Maine Anjou cattle black as well? :bang: :bang: :bang: :hide:
Ha ha yes they have. Been black for a number of years. The association got aligned with the clubbies years ago but now they are pushing to get away from them.

A couple going to the BHSS end of the month

Maine bred heifer

1/2 Maine bull

PB Simmental bull

Silver":2p70lm8d said:

And then the short horns opened the book to them for a wile.

Silver":2ahh1r76 said:
Often I've quite a hard time recognising all breeds posted in this forum. :roll: I remember the first time I've visited this forum I was still green in the breeds field and my first thought was that everybody raised angus... Well, have learned quite quickly that it's abit different situation. I've accepted that in US most breeds are black, but I don't accept them as fullblood.

Thanks, yeah that Cash Flow mating worked well. We had a Pays To Believe daughter that was really nice out of that cow.

Plus his full brother is doing nice for a youngster.

Latest posts