Chemotherapy

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":qkbt07nt said:
Yes, they have come a long way. Its sad to say that the foundation of modern day medicine is built on a pile of corpses. My sister is one of them. Her treatment was aweful but that was 20+ years ago and I've heard they have made some fantastic breakthroughs.
That's why it's called practicing medicine. 30 years ago about half the time they didn;t do anything but give them morphine for the pain and send them home.

50 odd years ago if a woman had breast cancer,they not only took the breast,they took all the chest muscle.. Now they do "lumpectomys"
Not too long ago bleeding cured everything and the mesure of how good a Dr you were was how bloody and crusted your hands,clothing and tools were..
I'll take today -- and hope that in 50 years they will have made as much progress..

Yes, they have come a long way. Its really amazing what they can do. Good friend of mine just had a valve in her heart replaced with a valve from a pig. She is 85 and was up and walking the next day. I visited her yesterday and she is like a 10 year old with a new lease on life. I just hope she remembers that her bones are not and takes it easy. I was amazed.

Jogeephus":2abbu1h6 said:
Yes, they have come a long way. Its really amazing what they can do. Good friend of mine just had a valve in her heart replaced with a valve from a pig. She is 85 and was up and walking the next day. I visited her yesterday and she is like a 10 year old with a new lease on life. I just hope she remembers that her bones are not and takes it easy. I was amazed.
The one that gets me is bypass surgery. A friend of mine had it when he was in his 60s and they threw him and the older guy that was in his room out of the hospital because they kept going down to the kids ward and stealing thir wagons to give each other rides around the hospital. When I had mine I got in trouble with the nurses because I was walking so far I was out of range of their monitoring equipment. You basicly feel like a teenager agian, with all of the zest for everything that you had at that age. And the operation is so common now they probaably do as many bypass operations as they do appendectomys

I'm so happy for her but I am concerned cause she isn't a spring chicken anymore and she is extremely hard headed and stubborn as a mule. Its just amazing though.

3waycross":1lg35jv2 said:
ALACOWMAN":1lg35jv2 said:
my cousin ate some brownies with mary jo in em he didnt know about it, and had never even tried it,,he went crazy as a sht house rat, there for a little while every thing from a heart attack to a nervous breakdown, might want to stick with the medical strength :cowboy:

Hate to tell ya buddy but the "Medical" is stronger than heck these days. I have heard that eating it can give you one he[[ of a trip.
we'll he wasnt prepared for it ,,, and he thought he was having a heart attack' stroke' breakdown... it wasnt so much the stength i guess as it was the odd feeling that came over him, i passed him coming home from work that day with his head stuck out the window of his car ... needless to say he wasnt a fan of it after that :lol2:

I have a co worker going though chemo for the third recurrence of cancer in six years. Every other Monday. Says it makes her feel like she has blisters on the insides of her eyelids. Causes her to break out all over. Every bone in her body hurts. She manages to work, but she's just sitting there. If she stays home, she'll lose her job and her insurance. It's a tough spot to be in . And it's in her lymph nodes now. Not good.

She's getting married on the 12th of this month.

Sad. I don't know what to say to her.

Lammie":175z8pdn said:
I have a co worker going though chemo for the third recurrence of cancer in six years. Every other Monday. Says it makes her feel like she has blisters on the insides of her eyelids. Causes her to break out all over. Every bone in her body hurts. She manages to work, but she's just sitting there. If she stays home, she'll lose her job and her insurance. It's a tough spot to be in . And it's in her lymph nodes now. Not good.

i know that feeling to,,, just say it to GOD

Red Bull Breeder":3s5adugs said:
Jo you and Dun seem pretty well informed about this marijuana. You guys haven't been doing medical research with that stuff have you?
Long long ago in a land that seemed far far away

Lammie":14psvkhs said:

Just wish her and her new husband the best..
Kind words are always welcome..
Good thing I'm old and poor,Uncle Sam has been good to me throughout my ordeal,I truely don't know what I would have done if I'd had to work ..
Poor kid..

I didn't mean to sound all doom and gloom about her prognosis. I don't even really know what it is, other than she has some in her lymph nodes and four soft tissue masses here and there. Medicine can do wonderful things. I just hate to see her trying to function when she feels so bad. Maybe she can get on her husbands insurance, but I don't know how that works when you are already so sick.

This can happen to any of us, and does... Scary thought.

It is a scary thought. I saw it first hand with my sister. When she got too sick to work she lost her insurance then she widdled away at her savings. It was terrible. With our new health care bill insurance companies cannot turn anyone down or they will be fined $100 per day. I guess that's why their stocks jumped up after passage. Two of my good friends ended up having to get divorced just so his wife could receive care that he unfortunately could not afford. I visited her last week and its so sad to see her in this condition but was nice to see a divorced couple spending so much time with one another. It isn't right and it isn't fair. I'll stop here.

Jogeephus":2lt384gz said:
It is a scary thought. I saw it first hand with my sister. When she got too sick to work she lost her insurance then she widdled away at her savings. It was terrible. With our new health care bill insurance companies cannot turn anyone down or they will be fined $100 per day. I guess that's why their stocks jumped up after passage. Two of my good friends ended up having to get divorced just so his wife could receive care that he unfortunately could not afford. I visited her last week and its so sad to see her in this condition but was nice to see a divorced couple spending so much time with one another. It isn't right and it isn't fair. I'll stop here.

Their stocks jumped because now they get to write expensive insurance for 22 yr old folks who will never have a claim. During the debate, O and the D's demonized the greedy insurance companies, and the companies were like "Oh man, don't throw me in that briarpatch". Oh,well.
Sad about your friends.

sprite/7-up and popscicles are all very good for nauseated upset stomachs, and other illnesses

alisonb":2ka6mi81 said:
Thanks for the input, I just have a slight problem - my friend is 74yrs old and has never smoked in her life so I don't think I will be able to convince her to start now. But perhaps she likes muffins :D .
Was going to suggest that it may be easier in a brownie.....or a muffin. Seriously.

I found this site on the internet quite by chance, it's rather amusing if you consider the discussion on CT.

Texas Style Muffins Baked Fresh Each Day
Muffins freshly baked every day from a secret recipe. These Muff Hits are bigger than Texas, so you might just have to share one. We never seem to be able to make enough, so if you don't want to miss out on a Muff Hit don't forget to order your favourite in advance.
Today's Flavour Banana and Walnut. If you have a request, tell your barista and they will pass it on to the bakery - you might find your request turned into a new Muff Hit.
:p

alisonb":1tcd4akm said:
I found this site on the internet quite by chance, it's rather amusing if you consider the discussion on CT.

Muffins freshly baked every day from a secret recipe. These Muff Hits are bigger than Texas, so you might just have to share one. We never seem to be able to make enough, so if you don't want to miss out on a Muff Hit don't forget to order your favourite in advance.
Today's Flavour Banana and Walnut. If you have a request, tell your barista and they will pass it on to the bakery - you might find your request turned into a new Muff Hit.

That ain't happening in Texas. I promise you that we would be the last, and I mean LAST state in the Union to pass a MM law.

Good ad, though.

Lammie":nob18b4k said:
alisonb":nob18b4k said:

That ain't happening in Texas. I promise you that we would be the last, and I mean LAST state in the Union to pass a MM law.

Good ad, though.

aint that the truth, heaven forbid if you have a couple of beers...They want to throw the book at you...I really think you would get in less trouble in this state commiting robbery than getting your first DUI....The whole damn thing is a cash grab..

Latest posts